POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Standard include folder of POV-Ray 3.6 under Debian Sidux? Server Time
2 May 2024 02:49:16 EDT (-0400)
  Standard include folder of POV-Ray 3.6 under Debian Sidux? (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Jörg 'Yadgar' Bleimann
Subject: Standard include folder of POV-Ray 3.6 under Debian Sidux?
Date: 23 Oct 2008 18:59:42
Message: <490101de$1@news.povray.org>
High!

My loved one, an avid Blenderer, send me a contribution for a joint
project... but unfortunately, Blender's POV export function generates a
huge collection of include files, which are mostly to be stored in POV's
include folder.

But I wonder that obviously, there is no include folder at all with
POV-Ray 3.6 for (Debian Sidux) Linux. /usr/share/povray, which would be
the most probable place to look for, simply contains no include folder -
and as I just wrote a small test scene and tried to render it, POV-Ray
returned an error because of being unable to locate "colors.inc" - so
could it be that my version came with no standard includes at all?

See you in Khyberspace!

Yadgar

Post a reply to this message

=?ISO-8859-15?Q?J=F6rg_=27Yadgar=27_Bleimann?= <yaz### [at] gmxde> wrote:
> High!
>
> My loved one, an avid Blenderer, send me a contribution for a joint
> project... but unfortunately, Blender's POV export function generates a
> huge collection of include files, which are mostly to be stored in POV's
> include folder.
>
> But I wonder that obviously, there is no include folder at all with
> POV-Ray 3.6 for (Debian Sidux) Linux. /usr/share/povray, which would be
> the most probable place to look for, simply contains no include folder -
> and as I just wrote a small test scene and tried to render it, POV-Ray
> returned an error because of being unable to locate "colors.inc" - so
> could it be that my version came with no standard includes at all?
>
> See you in Khyberspace!
>
> Yadgar

It's /usr/share/povray/include on Ubuntu.  Should be the same on Debian...

If it's giving you much trouble, just download the binary distribution from
povray.org and install it in your $HOME

Post a reply to this message

On Thu, 23 Oct 2008 20:57:49 -0400, nemesis wrote:

> =?ISO-8859-15?Q?J=F6rg_=27Yadgar=27_Bleimann?= <yaz### [at] gmxde> wrote:
>> High!
>>
>> My loved one, an avid Blenderer, send me a contribution for a joint
>> project... but unfortunately, Blender's POV export function generates a
>> huge collection of include files, which are mostly to be stored in
>> POV's include folder.
>>
>> But I wonder that obviously, there is no include folder at all with
>> POV-Ray 3.6 for (Debian Sidux) Linux. /usr/share/povray, which would be
>> the most probable place to look for, simply contains no include folder
>> - and as I just wrote a small test scene and tried to render it,
>> POV-Ray returned an error because of being unable to locate
>> "colors.inc" - so could it be that my version came with no standard
>> includes at all?
>>
>> See you in Khyberspace!
>>
>> Yadgar
>
> It's /usr/share/povray/include on Ubuntu.  Should be the same on
> Debian...
>
> If it's giving you much trouble, just download the binary distribution
> from povray.org and install it in your $HOME

I don't recall this problem myself when playing with Blender and the POV-
Ray exporter.  The include files were always in the same directory as
the .pov file and it just worked for me....

Jim

Post a reply to this message

On Fri, 24 Oct 2008 00:51:10 -0400, Jim Henderson wrote:

> On Thu, 23 Oct 2008 20:57:49 -0400, nemesis wrote:
>
>> =?ISO-8859-15?Q?J=F6rg_=27Yadgar=27_Bleimann?= <yaz### [at] gmxde>
>> wrote:
>>> High!
>>>
>>> My loved one, an avid Blenderer, send me a contribution for a joint
>>> project... but unfortunately, Blender's POV export function generates
>>> a huge collection of include files, which are mostly to be stored in
>>> POV's include folder.
>>>
>>> But I wonder that obviously, there is no include folder at all with
>>> POV-Ray 3.6 for (Debian Sidux) Linux. /usr/share/povray, which would
>>> be the most probable place to look for, simply contains no include
>>> folder - and as I just wrote a small test scene and tried to render
>>> it, POV-Ray returned an error because of being unable to locate
>>> "colors.inc" - so could it be that my version came with no standard
>>> includes at all?
>>>
>>> See you in Khyberspace!
>>>
>>> Yadgar
>>
>> It's /usr/share/povray/include on Ubuntu.  Should be the same on
>> Debian...
>>
>> If it's giving you much trouble, just download the binary distribution
>> from povray.org and install it in your $HOME
>
> I don't recall this problem myself when playing with Blender and the
> POV- Ray exporter.  The include files were always in the same directory
> as the .pov file and it just worked for me....
>
> Jim

Thinking a bit more, maybe what needs to happen is the export directory
needs to be defined in the povray.ini file for povray 3.6?

Jim

Post a reply to this message