POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Resizing, moving around the "Persistence of Vision" current render window? Server Time
12 May 2024 02:11:26 EDT (-0400)
  Resizing, moving around the "Persistence of Vision" current render window? (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Greg M  Johnson
Subject: Resizing, moving around the "Persistence of Vision" current render window?
Date: 12 Sep 2007 22:20:23
Message: <46e89e67@news.povray.org>
I'm using 3.6.1-6 as available from the ubuntu multiverse.

I was rendering something at 4000 x 4000 pixels.  It was a huge window.  I
wanted to see something at the bottom.  I couldn't.

Is there a way around this?

Post a reply to this message

> I'm using 3.6.1-6 as available from the ubuntu multiverse.
>
> I was rendering something at 4000 x 4000 pixels.  It was a huge window.  I
> wanted to see something at the bottom.  I couldn't.
>
> Is there a way around this?

Yes, you can open the currently active png in something like gwenview and
scroll to where ever you want. Keep in mind that things that have not been
rendered yet show up as digital gibberish :)
--
Ger

Post a reply to this message

> I'm using 3.6.1-6 as available from the ubuntu multiverse.
>
> I was rendering something at 4000 x 4000 pixels.  It was a huge window.  I
> wanted to see something at the bottom.  I couldn't.
>
> Is there a way around this?

Depending on your window manager, you might be able to move the window
without having to click on the title bar.

On my computer (my window manager is xfce) Alt+left click anywhere on
the window allow me to move it.

--
Vincent

Post a reply to this message

>> I'm using 3.6.1-6 as available from the ubuntu multiverse.
>>
>> I was rendering something at 4000 x 4000 pixels.  It was a huge
>> window.  I
>> wanted to see something at the bottom.  I couldn't.
>>
>> Is there a way around this?
>
> Depending on your window manager, you might be able to move the window
> without having to click on the title bar.
>
> On my computer (my window manager is xfce) Alt+left click anywhere on
> the window allow me to move it.

And in Ubuntu (using metacity) it's alt+f7.

/martin