POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Quick bash-script to keep on updates of image Server Time
17 May 2024 10:52:03 EDT (-0400)
  Quick bash-script to keep on updates of image (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Eero Ahonen
Subject: Quick bash-script to keep on updates of image
Date: 16 Sep 2006 17:30:46
Message: <450c6d06$1@news.povray.org>
This script renders the given file with default settings, saving it in
./stages/stage_x.png. This way, there's no need to make external saves
for WIP -images, as they'll all be saved.

Also, if there's a simpler/nicer way to create the leading zeros to
filename, I'd appreciate to know :).

aero@aerospace:~/povray/absence$ ls stages/
stage_00001.png  stage_00002.png
aero@aerospace:~/povray/absence$ ~/bin/povit.sh absence.pov
-clip-
aero@aerospace:~/povray/absence$ ls stages/
stage_00001.png  stage_00002.png  stage_00003.png

--
Eero "Aero" Ahonen
   http://www.zbxt.net

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'us-ascii' (1 KB)

> This script renders the given file with default settings, saving it in
> ./stages/stage_x.png. This way, there's no need to make external saves

And naturally it's needed to allow writing to ./stages:

aerospace ~ # grep read\+write /etc/povray/3.6/povray.conf|tail -n 2
read+write  = .
read+write  = ./stages
aerospace ~ #

--
Eero "Aero" Ahonen
   http://www.zbxt.net
      aer### [at] removethiszbxtnetinvalid

Post a reply to this message

> This script renders the given file with default settings, saving it in
> ./stages/stage_x.png. This way, there's no need to make external saves
> for WIP -images, as they'll all be saved.

Ok, for some reason (which I don't know) 8 is the maximum bash can take
with leading zeros. So here, one sed added to come over this prob.