POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Turn off text messages Server Time
1 Jun 2024 06:16:14 EDT (-0400)
  Turn off text messages (Message 1 to 9 of 9)
From: Sebastian H
Subject: Turn off text messages
Date: 31 Jan 2006 11:22:30
Message: <43df8ec6$1@news.povray.org>
Hello

If I understood right giving povray the -GA argument should turn off
all console messages. I tried

povray +Iscene.pov -GA

but all messages appear on the console. povray even tells that
everything is turned off (which is very polite but a bit weird).

<povray-output>
Redirecting Options
   All Streams to console..........Off
   Debug Stream to console.........Off
   Fatal Stream to console.........Off
   Render Stream to console........Off
   Statistics Stream to console....Off
   Warning Stream to console.......Off
</povray-output>

All messages go through stderr with -GA *enabled* or not.
Why do messages streams not take their way through stdout?
And why do the stream to console flags do not affect the
output at all?
Does anyone has clue about this?

Sebastian

Post a reply to this message