POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Ever used a linux app to make animated GIF? (ffmpeg) Server Time
14 Jun 2024 02:30:53 EDT (-0400)
  Ever used a linux app to make animated GIF? (ffmpeg) (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Greg M  Johnson
Subject: Ever used a linux app to make animated GIF? (ffmpeg)
Date: 19 Nov 2005 22:58:53
Message: <437ff47d@news.povray.org>
I of course see a complete PITA approach that involves cutting & pasting
with GIMP.  But I want something like ffmpeg to do it for me on a big stack
of images.  Anyone have any batch encoders? thanks.

Post a reply to this message

>  But I want something like ffmpeg to do it for me on a big stack
> of images.  Anyone have any batch encoders? thanks.

    You can do that with a tool from the ImageMagick
    package, convert, I think.

Post a reply to this message

Am Sat, 19 Nov 2005 22:58:24 -0500 schrieb Greg M. Johnson:

> I of course see a complete PITA approach that involves cutting & pasting
> with GIMP.  But I want something like ffmpeg to do it for me on a big stack
> of images.  Anyone have any batch encoders? thanks.

I don't know, if it handles GIF as an output format, but I found transcode
quite comfortable some time ago (AFAIK commandline only). But I don't know
about its current status.

Post a reply to this message

> I of course see a complete PITA approach that involves cutting & pasting
> with GIMP.  But I want something like ffmpeg to do it for me on a big stack
> of images.  Anyone have any batch encoders? thanks.

And then there's 'gifsicle' - I used it some time ago to create the animated
gifs at http://www.pavium.info/Eclipse/eclipse1.html (and following) but
since an animated gif simply concatenates the static images, a big stack of
images would give you a big output file.

Regards,
pavium