POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : [Announce] Truevision version 0.5.5 Server Time
13 Jun 2024 17:49:50 EDT (-0400)
  [Announce] Truevision version 0.5.5 (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Vincent LE PRINCE
Subject: [Announce] Truevision version 0.5.5
Date: 7 Oct 2005 16:15:29
Message: <4346d761@news.povray.org>
Hello !

  Truevision version 0.5.5 is now available for download at Sourceforge :

	http://truevision.sourceforge.net

  Main changes are :

   _ a new python plugin interface
   _ an improved GUI
   _ a code cleanup
   _ a lot of bug fixes

  Enjoy and happy poving !

Post a reply to this message

From: Txemi Jendrix
Subject: Re: [Announce] Truevision version 0.5.5
Date: 12 Oct 2005 18:22:08
Message: <434d8c90@news.povray.org>
Vincent LE PRINCE wrote:
> Hello !
>
>   Truevision version 0.5.5 is now available for download at Sourceforge :
>
> http://truevision.sourceforge.net

I cannot run it, the message from the terminal tells:
"truevision: error while loading shared libraries: libhowl.so.0: cannot open
shared object file: No such file or directory"

Maybe I'm missing something.
Running Kubuntu Breezy on AMD Athlon XP 2600, 512 Mb DDR Ram, 120 Gb HD
--
Txemi Jendrix.
www.txemijendrix.com

Post a reply to this message

>>   Truevision version 0.5.5 is now available for download at Sourceforge :
>>
>> http://truevision.sourceforge.net
>
> I cannot run it, the message from the terminal tells:
> "truevision: error while loading shared libraries: libhowl.so.0: cannot
> open shared object file: No such file or directory"
>
> Maybe I'm missing something.
> Running Kubuntu Breezy on AMD Athlon XP 2600, 512 Mb DDR Ram, 120 Gb HD

I can't get it going either - dependency hell...

Some of the dependencies don't seem to compile on FC3...

--
Stefan Viljoen
Software Support Technician / Programmer

Post a reply to this message

> I cannot run it, the message from the terminal tells:
> "truevision: error while loading shared libraries: libhowl.so.0: cannot open
> shared object file: No such file or directory"

> Maybe I'm missing something.
> Running Kubuntu Breezy on AMD Athlon XP 2600, 512 Mb DDR Ram, 120 Gb HD

Did you use rpm package or did you build sources ?

Post a reply to this message