POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Uh, you mean you people actually work like this? ;-) Server Time
1 Jul 2024 05:29:54 EDT (-0400)
  Uh, you mean you people actually work like this? ;-) (Message 19 to 28 of 28)
From: Eero Ahonen
Subject: Re: Uh, you mean you people actually work like this? ;-)
Date: 14 Apr 2005 13:31:04
Message: <425ea8d8$1@news.povray.org>
Steely wrote:
> No, Warp, sorry, but it does *not*. As I said, it is neither a matter of

> You know the Alt-G stroke, You might use it when typing at the notebook, but
> it would never, never, never come to your mind when sitting at the PC. Why?

> arm that a lot of people think this way (I do, of course).

What you actually need (with W/L, with desktop/laptop) is a touchpad and
knowledge of how to really use it. You can use it with the thumb of your
right hand _while_ you're writing. So it's faster than fast to use -
when you've just learned it. Ordinary mouse is a piece of s when doing
anything else but non-Pov-graphics* or games**.

*) meaning graphics that you actually shoot the mouse for a certain
pixel after a certain pixel.

**) actually, I don't know. I haven't triend playing with touchpad

> Then you change the OS. Great! You have hundred distros, a dozen WMs and two

> it, you simply ask for- and get a punch on the nose! They talk to you abou
> efficiency, but what they mean is - *their* habit ;-) **

True. But our habit is the right habit ;), don't you think? I do miss
the GUI of WinPOV, but everything else is so crappy and slow with
Explorer that WinPOV's GUI - as damn good as it is - is not mentionable :/.

  --
Eero "Aero" Ahonen
    http://www.zbxt.net

Post a reply to this message