POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : [beta] source distribution of POV-Ray 3.6 for UNIX Server Time
8 Jul 2024 16:53:21 EDT (-0400)
  [beta] source distribution of POV-Ray 3.6 for UNIX (Message 31 to 40 of 43)
<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 3 Messages >>>
From: Nicolas Calimet
Subject: Re: [beta] source distribution of POV-Ray 3.6 for UNIX
Date: 5 Jul 2004 08:42:56
Message: <40e94cd0$1@news.povray.org>
> Clean install of msys-1.0.10, gcc-3.4.0 most recent versions of necessary
> packages.

	It seems I cannot reproduce your problem using:

msys-1.0.10.exe
binutils-2.15.90-20040222-1.tar.gz
gcc-core-3.4.0-20040501-1.tar.gz
gcc-g++-3.4.0-20040501-1.tar.gz
mingw-runtime-3.3.tar.gz
w32api-2.5.tar.gz

	In this case I can compile the whole POV-Ray (with an additional
-D__CYGWIN on the command-line; the latter is now set in configure).

> /mingw/bin/gcc -o mkg3states -I.././../zlib   -pipe -O3 -march=pentiumpro
> -mtune=pentiumpro -malign-double -minline-all-stringops     -I.
> -I../libtiff   ../libtiff/mkg3states.c
> C:/WINNT40/Profiles/SLSAND~1.RDG/LOCALS~1/Temp/cc0Eaaaa.o(.text+0x201):mkg3states.c:
> undefined reference to `getopt'

	Can you tell me if the libtiff configure reports something like:

Checking system libraries for functionality to emulate.
Done checking system libraries.

	or if there is a line in between mentionning about getopt ?
If this is the case I guess I have a fix for it, though I could not
really test it reliably.

	- NC

Post a reply to this message