POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Compiling POV-Ray 3.1g on Mac OS X Server Time
5 Jul 2024 12:48:36 EDT (-0400)
  Compiling POV-Ray 3.1g on Mac OS X (Message 11 to 12 of 12)
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Subject: Re: Compiling POV-Ray 3.1g on Mac OS X
Date: 7 May 2004 13:33:22
Message: <409bc862@news.povray.org>
In article <409### [at] ntlworldcom> , David Burnett
<var### [at] ntlworldcom>  wrote:

>   > You specify the INI file in the big field called "command-line" :-)
>>

> First thing I tried, it just complained about not being able to
> find OBJECT.POV. I just guessed I was doing something wrong.

Yes, this is a follow-up error to some INI file parsing warning or error
(scroll up in the message window) because if you specified a non-existing
INI file or an incorrect command-line, POV-Ray will ignore all settings and
use the built-in defaults for everything (it should stop, but beta 4 doesn't
do that yet).  If it did eat the command-line (that is, it issued no errors
or warnings), then the command-line/INI file settings that did exist will
override the corresponding dialog settings.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde