POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : -nox version of povray for Linux Server Time
3 Jul 2024 14:41:13 EDT (-0400)
  -nox version of povray for Linux (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: berni
Subject: -nox version of povray for Linux
Date: 23 Feb 2004 03:25:45
Message: <4039b909$1@news.povray.org>
Hi!

Does anybody know how I can obtain a -nox version of pov-ray 3.5 (console
version) for Linux?
I cannot compile it myself.
I need to run pov-ray from java, but I get this segmentation fault (tty
problem, even with -D).
3.6 works, but it seems to have some beta related problems (normals do not
work as usual, lights looks different).

TIA
Bernhard

Post a reply to this message

> Does anybody know how I can obtain a -nox version of pov-ray 3.5 (console
> version) for Linux?
> I cannot compile it myself.
> I need to run pov-ray from java, but I get this segmentation fault (tty
> problem, even with -D).
> 3.6 works, but it seems to have some beta related problems (normals do not
> work as usual, lights looks different).
>
> TIA
> Bernhard

You can remove your X headers (don't forget to save them) and then
recompile your povray (configure and make). the X layer should be disabled.

Thierry

Post a reply to this message

> > Does anybody know how I can obtain a -nox version of pov-ray 3.5
(console
> > version) for Linux?
> > I cannot compile it myself.
> > I need to run pov-ray from java, but I get this segmentation fault (tty
> > problem, even with -D).
> > 3.6 works, but it seems to have some beta related problems (normals do
not
> > work as usual, lights looks different).
> >
> > TIA
> > Bernhard
> >

> You can remove your X headers (don't forget to save them) and then
> recompile your povray (configure and make). the X layer should be
disabled.

> Thierry

Thanks for your answer, Thierry. Unfortunately I don't have shell access to
a linux system and cannot compile. I hoped that somebody of you has already
compiled it that way and can send me that povray 3.5 executable :o)

Bernhard

Post a reply to this message

> Does anybody know how I can obtain a -nox version of pov-ray 3.5 (console
> version) for Linux?
> I cannot compile it myself.
> I need to run pov-ray from java, but I get this segmentation fault (tty
> problem, even with -D).

There is the X_DISPLAY_MISSING switch that can be used to disable x
display support at compile time.

> 3.6 works, but it seems to have some beta related problems (normals do not
> work as usual, lights looks different).

If you observe such a problem you should post a report in p.beta-test.

Christoph

Last updated 11 Jan. 2004 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______

Post a reply to this message

> > 3.6 works, but it seems to have some beta related problems (normals do not
> > work as usual, lights looks different).
>
> If you observe such a problem you should post a report in p.beta-test.

The "normal" problem has already been reported.

--
Ken Tyler