POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Editor wants Server Time
3 Jul 2024 13:52:49 EDT (-0400)
  Editor wants (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Shay
Subject: Editor wants
Date: 28 Oct 2003 17:10:51
Message: <3f9ee96b@news.povray.org>
This is sort of in reply to gRRosminet's post in p.b.i. regarding a new
editor for Linux. I have been waiting for him to post something here,
but it doesn't look like he's going to. I thougt that any suggestions we
had for him would be of interest to Fabien HENON as well.

One thing that I would really like is a hot-key reload function. This
would help a lot when debugging I/O type macros. Speaking about pyvon
exclusively, it would be nice to be able to turn off the warnings when
closing a file.

What I would really really like ( although it's unrelated to either
editor ) is a POV launcher with no editor at all. I coded all of my
scenes in other editors for a while, but switched to pyvon because the
hassle of changing command line options was not worth it. What would be
nice is a small window into which the names of my POV files could be
loaded. The window could have checkboxes for quality settings, AA,
standard render sizes, etc.. A fancy version of this idea would even
display the POV-Ray message output.

Just some thoughts.

 -Shay

Post a reply to this message

> One thing that I would really like is a hot-key reload function. This
> would help a lot when debugging I/O type macros. Speaking about pyvon
> exclusively, it would be nice to be able to turn off the warnings when
> closing a file.

jEdit asks if you want to reload a file that has been modified by
another program while it's open in jEdit. You can also assign a keyboard
shortcut to the reload command.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/