POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Pyvon 1.? Server Time
6 Oct 2024 18:38:31 EDT (-0400)
  Pyvon 1.? (Message 11 to 12 of 12)
From: Daniel Matthews
Subject: Re: Pyvon 1.?
Date: 25 Dec 2002 05:36:24
Message: <1488859.hrFIDRTSmC@3-e.net>
Peter wrote:

> If I take the menu1= statement from line 2234) and put it before the if
> statement above it
>  if os.path.isdir(longname) :
> then pyvon starts !  This is obviously not the fix, as the insert pull
> down
> menu disappears as soon as I select it, making it v difficult to use.  But
> the other pull down menus function ok.
>
> Sorry, I don't know programming (not even python) but hopefully this gives
> enough of a clue to someone who does know about this stuff.
>
> Peter

That is what I suspected from your error message, hence the question about
that dir with the menu items.

As root do this;
chown -R yourid:yourgroup /usr/local/pyvon

yourid and yourgroup is what you normaly log in as.
If that doesn't help then you will need to email the author Fabien Henon.

On my install
python -V
returns
Python 2.2.1

--
Your connection failed because: Internet outage

Post a reply to this message