POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Another small compilation problem. Server Time
3 Jul 2024 04:24:41 EDT (-0400)
  Another small compilation problem. (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: destroyedlolo
Subject: Another small compilation problem.
Date: 14 Nov 2003 14:14:26
Message: <3FB536DF.4060506@yahoo.com>
Hi all,

The code rely on the define X_DISPLAY_MISSING to avoid inclusion of X stuff.
Unfortunalty, it doesn't work because, on my SS5, X isn't installed, it
shown by configure ("X ... no") but this define is not set so the
compilation fails.

The workaround is obvious but perhasp something can be done in configure
script ;-D

Bye

Lolo

Post a reply to this message

> The workaround is obvious but perhasp something can be done in configure
> script ;-D

	As Warp told you before, those kind of problems will be handled
correctly (or at best) in the next version. Meanwhile, since you know
the workaround, do it  ;-)

	- NC

Post a reply to this message

>> The workaround is obvious but perhasp something can be done in
>> configure script ;-D
>

>     As Warp told you before, those kind of problems will be handled
> correctly (or at best) in the next version. Meanwhile, since you know
> the workaround, do it  ;-)

Yes, I done it and povray is currently working on benchmarch.pov on my
SS5 under NetBSD (I don't expect anything before ... monday ;-D).

I'm fighting now with linking problem against TIFF library on my Ultra
under Solaris ...

Bye

Lolo

Post a reply to this message