POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Pyvon installation Server Time
3 Jul 2024 14:15:49 EDT (-0400)
  Pyvon installation (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Massimiliano Cirri
Subject: Pyvon installation
Date: 20 Aug 2003 04:14:13
Message: <3F432DE0.40805@ing.unifi.it>
I've got an athlon running RedHat 8.0 I've just tryed to install pyvon.
This is the answer I got when trying to run pyvon:

$ pyvon
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/usr/local/pyvon/res.py", line 1, in ?
     from Tkinter import *
ImportError: No module named Tkinter

Does anybody know what to do?

Thank you

Post a reply to this message

Dans povray.unix, Massimiliano Cirri nous disait:
> I've got an athlon running RedHat 8.0 I've just tryed to install pyvon.
> This is the answer I got when trying to run pyvon:
>

> $ pyvon
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>    File "/usr/local/pyvon/res.py", line 1, in ?
>      from Tkinter import *
> ImportError: No module named Tkinter

You need the python-tk package (that's the debian package name,
Redhat's should be similar).

--
fakeroot debian/rules troll

Post a reply to this message

>>I've got an athlon running RedHat 8.0 I've just tryed to install pyvon.
>>This is the answer I got when trying to run pyvon:
>>

>>$ pyvon
>>Traceback (most recent call last):
>>   File "/usr/local/pyvon/res.py", line 1, in ?
>>     from Tkinter import *
>>ImportError: No module named Tkinter
>
> You need the python-tk package (that's the debian package name,
> Redhat's should be similar).

Running RH 9 here, there's no such module as "python-tk" in RH9, but
there is one called "tkinter". I'd guess that one needs to be installed
by the OP.

--
Steve Martin, CPBE CBNT