POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.poser : Poseray material handling of textures in "Diffuse_Color" Server Time
20 Apr 2024 06:54:46 EDT (-0400)
  Poseray material handling of textures in "Diffuse_Color" (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: clipka
Subject: Poseray material handling of textures in "Diffuse_Color"
Date: 1 Jan 2011 23:05:05
Message: <4d1ff971$1@news.povray.org>
Trying to figure out what's wrong with my greyish Stephanie 4 eyelashes,
I just found a flaw in Poseray (version 3.12.2.456) regarding handling
of image maps "plugged" into the Diffuse_Color root node input, when
there is a non-white color specified (and possibly also otherwise):

Poseray translates these as the image map layered /over/ the Diffuse
color - even when the texture is fully opaque.

However, the operation should actually be a /multiplication/ with the
Diffuse_Color value; I think it can be modelled in POV-Ray as:

     texture {
       pigment { ...TEXTURE... }
       finish { ... }
     }