POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.poser : Batch conversions Server Time
28 Mar 2024 16:02:13 EDT (-0400)
  Batch conversions (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Stephen
Subject: Batch conversions
Date: 19 Oct 2009 16:38:19
Message: <4adcce3b$1@news.povray.org>
When batch converting a Poser (7) series of OBJ files from an animation
I cannot find a way of including the search paths of the image maps. I
have to actually copy the image files from the Poser libraries into the
saved directory.

PoseRay now seems to make a numbered copy of the image file for each
frame of the animation. Any particular reason why? Also using the

calls an image map that has not been created. For instance:
//Map definitions
#declare p_map1=pigment {image_map{jpeg
"batch_process_object_LDTankTop_RibbedB.jpg" interpolate 2 transmit all
0 filter all 0} }

but the image map is:
Shorts_Topobj_190_LDTankTop_RibbedB.jpg

Do you have any archived older versions of Poseay?

--

Best Regards,
	Stephen

Post a reply to this message

> When batch converting a Poser (7) series of OBJ files from an animation
> I cannot find a way of including the search paths of the image maps. I
> have to actually copy the image files from the Poser libraries into the
> saved directory.
>
> PoseRay now seems to make a numbered copy of the image file for each
> frame of the animation. Any particular reason why? Also using the

> calls an image map that has not been created. For instance:
> //Map definitions
> #declare p_map1=pigment {image_map{jpeg
> "batch_process_object_LDTankTop_RibbedB.jpg" interpolate 2 transmit all
> 0 filter all 0} }
>
> but the image map is:
> Shorts_Topobj_190_LDTankTop_RibbedB.jpg
>
> Do you have any archived older versions of Poseay?

I just reproduced the bug here. It works properly if you disable copying
all maps to the target directory. You can use this workaround while a
new version is available.

I don't think earlier versions worked with animations very well but I
could email you a link. I do not make previous versions public because I
will not support them and I have very limited bandwidth.

FlyerX

Post a reply to this message

>> When batch converting a Poser (7) series of OBJ files from an
>> animation I cannot find a way of including the search paths of the
>> image maps. I have to actually copy the image files from the Poser
>> libraries into the saved directory.
>>
>> PoseRay now seems to make a numbered copy of the image file for each
>> frame of the animation. Any particular reason why? Also using the

>> calls an image map that has not been created. For instance:
>> //Map definitions
>> #declare p_map1=pigment {image_map{jpeg
>> "batch_process_object_LDTankTop_RibbedB.jpg" interpolate 2 transmit
>> all 0 filter all 0} }
>>
>> but the image map is:
>> Shorts_Topobj_190_LDTankTop_RibbedB.jpg
>>
>> Do you have any archived older versions of Poseay?
>>

> I just reproduced the bug here. It works properly if you disable copying
> all maps to the target directory. You can use this workaround while a
> new version is available.
>
> I don't think earlier versions worked with animations very well but I
> could email you a link. I do not make previous versions public because I
> will not support them and I have very limited bandwidth.
>
> FlyerX

I forgot. As for the problem of not finding the maps if you follow the
animation tutorial on the manual it should work.

FlyerX

Post a reply to this message

> I just reproduced the bug here. It works properly if you disable copying
> all maps to the target directory. You can use this workaround while a
> new version is available.
>

> I don't think earlier versions worked with animations very well but I
> could email you a link. I do not make previous versions public because I
> will not support them and I have very limited bandwidth.
>
> FlyerX

Well I did because I only want the series of inc files and the

setting the scene up in PovRay directly.

use unsupported s/ware. Thanks.

--

Best Regards,
	Stephen