POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.poser : Poseray 3.12.0: Creating credible dynamic hair in POV-Ray Server Time
28 Mar 2024 21:36:58 EDT (-0400)
  Poseray 3.12.0: Creating credible dynamic hair in POV-Ray (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: Thomas de Groot
Subject: Poseray 3.12.0: Creating credible dynamic hair in POV-Ray
Date: 6 Jan 2009 03:58:11
Message: <49631d23@news.povray.org>
Hi all,

A couple of initial thoughts as a start.

The conversion of Poser dynamic hair to tubes gives much better results than
the former ribbons. I am sure many of us have experimented with Dynamic Hair
in Poser and perhaps have exported to POV-Ray.

As a first approach, I suspect that the best way to use the Poseray hair
tubes, is to treat them as hair strands of given thickness, and not as
individual hairs, although experimenting with that possibility would also be
interesting but may result in excessively huge meshes difficult to handle
afterwards. The simpler approach, and indeed lightest in terms of mesh
sizes, is to consider the tubes as strands.

In both cases however, the challenge - to all of us Poser users - is to
develop credible uv hair textures that can be used with these tubes. This
can either be in the form of image maps like those of Kozaburo, or pure
POV-Ray procedural textures.

Thomas