POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.poser : Poser 6 for a bargain Server Time
26 Apr 2024 15:51:31 EDT (-0400)
  Poser 6 for a bargain (Message 11 to 20 of 38)
From: Thomas de Groot
Subject: Re: Poser 6 for a bargain
Date: 5 Dec 2008 04:52:11
Message: <4938f9cb$1@news.povray.org>
"Stephen" <mcavoysAT@aolDOTcom> schreef in bericht
news:vbhgj4162v9ea6j2oellp0f4vkf5fgrrr9@4ax.com...
> Rats! I was hoping that you knew how to change the gravity in the clothes
> room.
> If that were possible then it would add some flexibility when using
> different
> frame rates in the final render (in Pov), I think.
> --

Well... I suppose I take my wishes for reality :-)  Still, strangely enough,
there is something gnawing at the back of my mind. Kind of hunch...

Thomas

Post a reply to this message

From: SharkD
Date: 5 Dec 2008 05:20:00
Message: <web.4938ffd47ecbb3382f5b7da70@news.povray.org>
"Thomas de Groot" <tDOTdegroot@interDOTnlANOTHERDOTnet> wrote:
> OK let me try. I may forget something but others will correct me.
>
> Daz, as you know, comes free. That is its major asset I believe, in the
> world of figure building and animating. It comes too with a set of free,
> basic, figures, some with morph possibilites, some very basic conforming
> clothes, and a set of 3D environments. Most everything else, if you want to
> expand, and you want very soon to expand (making/adding hair, clothes, etc)
> comes at a price. These are not very expensive, but in the end I believe you
> will spend more money in perfecting Daz than by investing initially in Poser
> and go on from there.

Interesting. I didn't know about DAZ. When I get the time, maybe I will try to
create bones for LDraw figures so that they can be posed like they are in many
Lego software. (This is one of the major disadvantages of LDraw.)

-Mike

Post a reply to this message

On Fri, 5 Dec 2008 10:52:11 +0100, "Thomas de Groot"
<tDOTdegroot@interDOTnlANOTHERDOTnet> wrote:

>"Stephen" <mcavoysAT@aolDOTcom> schreef in bericht
>> Rats! I was hoping that you knew how to change the gravity in the clothes
>> room.
>> If that were possible then it would add some flexibility when using
>> different
>> frame rates in the final render (in Pov), I think.
>> --
>
>Well... I suppose I take my wishes for reality :-)  Still, strangely enough,
>there is something gnawing at the back of my mind. Kind of hunch...

You make me think O_O
Maybe changing the animation frame rate in Poser will change the gravity
setting(?).
The higher the frame rate the lower the gravity. Does that make sense?
I'll do some testing after I've finished my current animation.
--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message