POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.poser : DAZ or Poser under WINE Server Time
28 Mar 2024 08:29:50 EDT (-0400)
  DAZ or Poser under WINE (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Brian Vanderburg II
Subject: DAZ or Poser under WINE
Date: 17 Jun 2008 15:38:14
Message: <485812a6$1@news.povray.org>
I've made most of the switch entirely to Linux since most everything I
use is FOSS anyway.  It's fairly easy but then I've always been a tech
person.  The only things left is DAZ/Poser for Windows.  I know of
MakeHuman, but I like the comforming features of Poser and MakeHuman
doesn't have much (yet).  Has anyone successfully got either of them to
run under WINE?  I know DAZ Studio is mainly QT but for Windows and
don't know how to get it (or Poser) to run under WINE.

I've got DAZ Studio 2.x and Poser 5 and 4

Allen

Post a reply to this message

I do not know the details but several people there have made DAZ Studio
and Poser run in Linux. Ask in the DAZ and renderosity Poser forums. The
renderosity poser forum had a thread a few weeks ago about this.

FlyerX