POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.poser : Plump Ken Server Time
19 Apr 2024 14:52:00 EDT (-0400)
  Plump Ken (Message 11 to 20 of 34)
From: St
Subject: Re: Plump Ken
Date: 21 May 2007 09:26:33
Message: <46519e09$1@news.povray.org>
"Stephen" <mcavoys_AT_aolDOT.com> wrote in message
> "St." <dot### [at] dotcom> wrote:
>> BTW, I don't know why I typed Ken - there isn't one is there? Anyway, I
>> meant Mike or Don.
>>
> Ken and Barbie? You're getting your dollies mixed up :-)

   LOL!  :o)

   ~Steve~

Post a reply to this message

From: St
Date: 21 May 2007 09:26:34
Message: <46519e0a@news.povray.org>
"Thomas de Groot" <t.d### [at] internlDOTnet> wrote in message

> "St." <dot### [at] dotcom> schreef in bericht news:465180b9@news.povray.org...
>>
>>> It is a matter I am not (yet) familiar with. Later figures than Don have
>>> ecto- endo- or mesomorph features attached to them (although I have not
>>> yet managed to make them work).
>>
> Got that to work and generated a plump/fat guy :-)  The advantage is that
> the whole figure is morphed (Poser 6 and later).

    Ah, I see. Hmm, that's better than P5, but I should still be able to do
it if I work on it carefully. Hmm, no, just tried it, you can't set the
variables above 2, which works for the abdomen and chest ok, but doesn't for
the hip area, (even though you can set it to 2), so it still looks
funny/weird. It might be better once I get some clothes on him.  ;)

>>  Apparently, it was easier with Fractal Design Poser:
>> http://www.algonet.se/~dip/poser1.html
>>
> Was this the original Poser, back in 1996?

     Yes, I think it was. It looks quite good on that page, and I tried to
find it hidden in the depths of the 'net, but it ain't there...  :o/

>>> Not much of an answer, I am afraid....
>>
>>   No worries, I always appreciate your help.
>
> <grin> you're welcome!

     And so are you Thomas!   :o)

     ~Steve~

> Thomas

Post a reply to this message

>    Ah, I see. Hmm, that's better than P5, but I should still be able to do
> it if I work on it carefully. Hmm, no, just tried it, you can't set the
> variables above 2, which works for the abdomen and chest ok, but doesn't
> for the hip area, (even though you can set it to 2), so it still looks
> funny/weird. It might be better once I get some clothes on him.  ;)

Hmm... Now that you have started that line of thought, I feel that I have to
investigate more in depth... :-)

Thomas

Post a reply to this message

From: fls13
Date: 23 May 2007 19:00:01
Message: <web.4654c6973b48260fd8f382370@news.povray.org>
http://www.antonkisieldesigns.com/~akfiles/htmlpages/ApolloMaximusFree3dhumanfigure.htm

I think you'll find this freebie figure quite excellent on the body morphs.

Post a reply to this message

From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 24 May 2007 09:02:21
Message: <46558cdd$1@news.povray.org>
"fls13" <fls### [at] netzeronet> schreef in bericht

http://www.antonkisieldesigns.com/~akfiles/htmlpages/ApolloMaximusFree3dhumanfigure.htm

> I think you'll find this freebie figure quite excellent on the body
> morphs.

Wow!!
This looks terrific!!! Thanks a lot indeed for this link!!

Thomas

Post a reply to this message

From: St
Date: 17 Jun 2007 19:56:42
Message: <4675ca3a@news.povray.org>
"fls13" <fls### [at] netzeronet> wrote in message

http://www.antonkisieldesigns.com/~akfiles/htmlpages/ApolloMaximusFree3dhumanfigure.htm

> I think you'll find this freebie figure quite excellent on the body
> morphs.

    Hey, a really big belated thanks for that link FLS! Apollo looks great!
Just what I'm looking for if only I knew where to put 'all' those files
without damaging Poser...

       ~Steve~

Post a reply to this message

From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 19 Jun 2007 05:43:17
Message: <4677a535$1@news.povray.org>
"St." <dot### [at] dotcom> schreef in bericht news:4675ca3a@news.povray.org...

> "fls13" <fls### [at] netzeronet> wrote in message

http://www.antonkisieldesigns.com/~akfiles/htmlpages/ApolloMaximusFree3dhumanfigure.htm

>> I think you'll find this freebie figure quite excellent on the body
>> morphs.
>
>    Hey, a really big belated thanks for that link FLS! Apollo looks great!
> Just what I'm looking for if only I knew where to put 'all' those files
> without damaging Poser...

Where possible, I save them in an exterior runtime library, which I can then
connect to Poser.

Thomas

Post a reply to this message

From: St
Date: 20 Jun 2007 06:38:54
Message: <467903be$1@news.povray.org>

> "St." <dot### [at] dotcom> schreef in bericht news:4675ca3a@news.povray.org...
>>
>> "fls13" <fls### [at] netzeronet> wrote in message

http://www.antonkisieldesigns.com/~akfiles/htmlpages/ApolloMaximusFree3dhumanfigure.htm

>>> I think you'll find this freebie figure quite excellent on the body
>>> morphs.
>>
>>    Hey, a really big belated thanks for that link FLS! Apollo looks
>> great! Just what I'm looking for if only I knew where to put 'all' those
>> files without damaging Poser...
>>

> Where possible, I save them in an exterior runtime library, which I can
> then connect to Poser.

    Ok, there are some new words in that sentence Thomas...   ;)

       ~Steve~

> Thomas

Post a reply to this message

From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 20 Jun 2007 08:02:31
Message: <46791757$1@news.povray.org>
"St." <dot### [at] dotcom> schreef in bericht news:467903be$1@news.povray.org...

>> Where possible, I save them in an exterior runtime library, which I can
>> then connect to Poser.
>
>    Ok, there are some new words in that sentence Thomas...   ;)

Sorry Steve, this was the short answer (laziness, you know  :-) )

This is the long answer:
You know that most if not all figures and props (Poser or Daz) are all
structured identically in a folder called: Runtime. What I do, is create a
folder somewhere on my HD, that I call 'My Runtime Libraries' (any name will
do). Each time I download a new figure or prop, I extract it to that folder,
using the folder names that come with the zipped files.
In Poser, you go to the utmost top of the Figures Library (normally at the
right of your screen) by double clicking on the arrow that brings you upward
in the Library Tree, until you see the folder name 'Poser 7' with a red ball
beside it. Now, just above that, click on the black triangle opening a
pulldown menu, and click on 'Add New Runtime'. Choose your newly created
folder and it will appear in the Poser's Library column. The beautiful thing
is that if the figure (or prop) has Poses, Materials, Expressions, etc,
those will appear automatically when opened for the figure.
In much the same way, you can save your own figures or props to an external
library.

Thomas

Post a reply to this message

From: St
Date: 20 Jun 2007 08:22:46
Message: <46791c16$1@news.povray.org>

> "St." <dot### [at] dotcom> schreef in bericht news:467903be$1@news.povray.org...
>>

>>> Where possible, I save them in an exterior runtime library, which I can
>>> then connect to Poser.
>>
>>    Ok, there are some new words in that sentence Thomas...   ;)
>>

> Sorry Steve, this was the short answer (laziness, you know  :-) )

    Gah, you're not lazy!  :o)

> This is the long answer:
> You know that most if not all figures and props (Poser or Daz) are all
> structured identically in a folder called: Runtime. What I do, is create a
> folder somewhere on my HD, that I call 'My Runtime Libraries' (any name
> will do). Each time I download a new figure or prop, I extract it to that
> folder, using the folder names that come with the zipped files.
> In Poser, you go to the utmost top of the Figures Library (normally at the
> right of your screen) by double clicking on the arrow that brings you
> upward in the Library Tree, until you see the folder name 'Poser 7' with a
> red ball beside it. Now, just above that, click on the black triangle
> opening a pulldown menu, and click on 'Add New Runtime'. Choose your newly
> created folder and it will appear in the Poser's Library column. The
> beautiful thing is that if the figure (or prop) has Poses, Materials,
> Expressions, etc, those will appear automatically when opened for the
> figure.
> In much the same way, you can save your own figures or props to an
> external library.

   Thomas, Thank You! Heh, I didn't even know Poser was pulling the figures
from a 'runtime' folder! But that certainly makes sense now.

      Regs,

    ~Steve~