POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.poser : Problem setting texture for clothes Server Time
17 Apr 2024 21:34:52 EDT (-0400)
  Problem setting texture for clothes (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Jeremy M  Praay
Subject: Problem setting texture for clothes
Date: 16 Apr 2004 20:19:38
Message: <4080781a@news.povray.org>
I seem to really be stuck this time...

All I want to do is assign a texture (any texture at all) to my home-made
dress, recently displayed in p.b.i.  I can change the color just fine, but
any time that I try to assign any texture to it, no matter how I scale the
texture, all I get is one solid color.  This is even the case for
image-maps; it just picks a color from some part of it and displays it.

My first thought was that it was a scaling problem in the pigment/texture,
but I've tried ridiculously low values for scale, and while I do get more
interesting results with scale 0.0000000001, it still doesn't solve the
problem.

FYI: I exported from Poser using PoseRay, and assigned all of the poser
materials.  But then when I try to modify the first material listed in the
texture_list (which corresponds to the dress) in the _pov_mat.inc file, it
never seems to work, other than to change the color.

I feel like I must be missing something fundamental.  :-/

--
Jeremy
www.beantoad.com

Post a reply to this message