POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.general : Blender vanished? Server Time: 14 Dec 2018 15:01:36 GMT
  Blender vanished? (Message 1 to 4 of 4)  
From: Lioness
Subject: Blender vanished?
Date: 18 Jul 2011 08:30:01
Message: <web.4e23ee75ad2084c42994eff20@news.povray.org>
Hi all!

I just bought a new computer because my old one died a horrible death :(. I've
downloaded everything I need (including Povray 3.7) but there's one thing
missing ... Blender! No matter what I do, my browser keeps telling me
blender.org doesn't exist.

Does anyone know what's going on here?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Caz


Post a reply to this message

From: Warp
Subject: Re: Blender vanished?
Date: 18 Jul 2011 08:32:54
Message: <4e23efb6@news.povray.org>
Lioness <cat### [at] livecouk> wrote:
> I just bought a new computer because my old one died a horrible death :(. I've
> downloaded everything I need (including Povray 3.7) but there's one thing
> missing ... Blender! No matter what I do, my browser keeps telling me
> blender.org doesn't exist.

> Does anyone know what's going on here?

  Given the size and popularity of that project, it's quite unlikely that
it had suddenly just died. Probably just a temporary hiccup in name lookup
servers or whatever.

-- 
                                                          - Warp


Post a reply to this message

From: Lioness
Subject: Re: Blender vanished?
Date: 18 Jul 2011 09:05:00
Message: <web.4e23f6d36f1120ca2994eff20@news.povray.org>
Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
> Lioness <cat### [at] livecouk> wrote:
> > I just bought a new computer because my old one died a horrible death :(. I've
> > downloaded everything I need (including Povray 3.7) but there's one thing
> > missing ... Blender! No matter what I do, my browser keeps telling me
> > blender.org doesn't exist.
>
> > Does anyone know what's going on here?
>
>   Given the size and popularity of that project, it's quite unlikely that
> it had suddenly just died. Probably just a temporary hiccup in name lookup
> servers or whatever.
>
> --
>                                                           - Warp

Thank you for your quick reply. I'm afraid I panicked a little :). I can't
imagine that it died either. I'll just have to be patient and try again
tomorrow.


Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: Blender vanished?
Date: 18 Jul 2011 19:58:51
Message: <4e24907b$1@news.povray.org>
On Mon, 18 Jul 2011 05:03:15 -0400, Lioness wrote:

> Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
>> Lioness <cat### [at] livecouk> wrote:
>> > I just bought a new computer because my old one died a horrible death
>> > :(. I've downloaded everything I need (including Povray 3.7) but
>> > there's one thing missing ... Blender! No matter what I do, my
>> > browser keeps telling me blender.org doesn't exist.
>>
>> > Does anyone know what's going on here?
>>
>>   Given the size and popularity of that project, it's quite unlikely
>>   that
>> it had suddenly just died. Probably just a temporary hiccup in name
>> lookup servers or whatever.
>>
>> --
>>                                                           - Warp
> 
> Thank you for your quick reply. I'm afraid I panicked a little :). I
> can't imagine that it died either. I'll just have to be patient and try
> again tomorrow.

Worked for me.

Jim


Post a reply to this message

Copyright 2003-2008 Persistence of Vision Raytracer Pty. Ltd.