POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.general : New freeware modeling utility: MeshMixer Server Time
29 Mar 2024 08:03:57 EDT (-0400)
  New freeware modeling utility: MeshMixer (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Robert McGregor
Subject: New freeware modeling utility: MeshMixer
Date: 4 Dec 2009 11:45:01
Message: <web.4b193bd3976b59aa86ff1d480@news.povray.org>
Hi all, I just saw a video on You-Tube demonstrating a new freeware mesh utility
that looks really innovative, easy, useful, and cool.

I haven't downloaded it to try yet, but check out the video at
http://www.meshmixer.com - looks like it would be great for working with Wings3d
and Silo models. Would be fun to try with poser too... not sure how it handles
dense meshes but I'll find out soon enough :)

Cheers,
Rob

Post a reply to this message

> Hi all, I just saw a video on You-Tube demonstrating a new freeware mesh utility
> that looks really innovative, easy, useful, and cool.
>
> I haven't downloaded it to try yet, but check out the video at
> http://www.meshmixer.com - looks like it would be great for working with Wings3d
> and Silo models. Would be fun to try with poser too... not sure how it handles
> dense meshes but I'll find out soon enough :)

Hmm! It looks interesting thanks for bring it to our attention. Please
report back if you download it.

--

Best Regards,
	Stephen

Post a reply to this message

>Hi all, I just saw a video on You-Tube demonstrating a new freeware
>mesh utility
>that looks really innovative, easy, useful, and cool.
>
>I haven't downloaded it to try yet, but check out the video at
>http://www.meshmixer.com - looks like it would be great for working
>with Wings3d
>and Silo models. Would be fun to try with poser too... not sure how it handles
>dense meshes but I'll find out soon enough :)

Before installing MeshMixer, I recommend that you make a system restore
point in case your system doesn't like its current MS Visual C++
distributable being overwritten with the old 2005 version included in
the installation.

It didn't seem to break anything on my system, but MeshMixer itself
consistently crashes after about 30 seconds of use.

--
Mike Williams
Gentleman of Leisure

Post a reply to this message

Mike Williams <nos### [at] econymdemoncouk> wrote:

> Before installing MeshMixer, I recommend that you make a system restore
> point in case your system doesn't like its current MS Visual C++
> distributable being overwritten with the old 2005 version included in
> the installation.
>
> It didn't seem to break anything on my system, but MeshMixer itself
> consistently crashes after about 30 seconds of use.
>
> --
> Mike Williams
> Gentleman of Leisure

Well, that's bad news - I still haven't taken the time to install it, but thanks
for the warning. I hope to try it out tomorrow.