POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.general : LionSnake and Hamapatch both LOST in demise of Geocities Server Time
29 Mar 2024 03:23:35 EDT (-0400)
  LionSnake and Hamapatch both LOST in demise of Geocities (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: ytiuqibu
Subject: LionSnake and Hamapatch both LOST in demise of Geocities
Date: 1 Nov 2009 19:10:01
Message: <web.4aee234277e8cd60838fca900@news.povray.org>
Sorry for the brief yelp! but I am a new Povray user and was interested in
checking out the LionSnake Modeler only to find that it too like Hamapatch (the
subject of another post) has disappeared following Yahoos closure of all
Geocities sites without providing forward links.

Please does anyone know where if at all theses particular sites have been
relocated.

If there is a Povray moderator to this newsgroup please note the demise of
Geocities effectively makes all links to LionSnake on the Povray site dead
links.

Regards,

Paul

Post a reply to this message

> Sorry for the brief yelp! but I am a new Povray user and was interested in
> checking out the LionSnake Modeler only to find that it too like Hamapatch (the
> subject of another post) has disappeared following Yahoos closure of all
> Geocities sites without providing forward links.
>
> Please does anyone know where if at all theses particular sites have been
> relocated.
>
> If there is a Povray moderator to this newsgroup please note the demise of
> Geocities effectively makes all links to LionSnake on the Povray site dead
> links.

The author of Lionsnake is still pretty active.  He posts here in the newsgroups
from time to time.  Probably he's busy relocating the files somewhere else.

Post a reply to this message

> Sorry for the brief yelp! but I am a new Povray user and was interested in
> checking out the LionSnake Modeler only to find that it too like Hamapatch (the
> subject of another post) has disappeared following Yahoos closure of all
> Geocities sites without providing forward links.
>
> Please does anyone know where if at all theses particular sites have been
> relocated.
>
> If there is a Povray moderator to this newsgroup please note the demise of
> Geocities effectively makes all links to LionSnake on the Povray site dead
> links.

Sorry I took a whole year getting around to answering this, but I
usually don't read this particular group.

I have set up a new page for LionSnake.  It can be found at:

http://evilsnack.byethost22.com/lionsnake.htm

New versions are announced on povray.news-announcements when they become
available for download, with a URL for the host page.

Regards,
John