POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.general : When will the new MORAY be out? Server Time: 27 Jun 2019 04:39:41 GMT
  When will the new MORAY be out? (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Deadhead DMT
Subject: When will the new MORAY be out?
Date: 12 Jul 2007 12:35:01
Message: <web.46961ee06b57ed689ed6ea590@news.povray.org>
I know you all have obtained the Morary license now.  I have been using
moray for many many years....  but my newest computer (windows XP) seems to
have problems with it and it will crash periodically.   I am hoping the new
POV-Moray version will correct this, but WHEN WILL IT BE RELEASE?  Is there
anything we can do to help accelerate the release?

I cannot afford high priced commercial 3D editors, and I love doing 3D
graphics, but I need the tools to do that....  I know I could do the work
with POV alone, but I am much more of a visual graphics artist rather than
a code-based graphics artist...  it just takes me too long to try to do any
type of graphic using only the POV program....  I NEED some sort of 3D
modeling front end that will access POV's power.....  the MORAY program has
provided me wonderful graphic creations in the past and I want to be able to
continue to utilize POV through it.....

Please!  When will the MORAY program be finished?????

Thank you in advance, please advise....

David

Post a reply to this message

Deadhead_DMT <Dea### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> Please!  When will the MORAY program be finished?????

  You should probably wait for POV-Ray 3.7 to be finished first.
The pov-team is pretty busy with it now so I don't think they have
too much time right now for other huge projects such as Moray.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

"Deadhead_DMT" <Dea### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:

> I cannot afford high priced commercial 3D editors, and I love doing 3D
> graphics, but I need the tools to do that....  I know I could do the work
> with POV alone, but I am much more of a visual graphics artist rather than
> a code-based graphics artist...  it just takes me too long to try to do any
> type of graphic using only the POV program....  I NEED some sort of 3D
> modeling front end that will access POV's power.....  the MORAY program has
> provided me wonderful graphic creations in the past and I want to be able to
> continue to utilize POV through it.....

David
If Moray is not working for you and you need a modeler you could try
Bishop3D. It is undergoing beta tests but it is workable, in the main. It
does have limitations and some are different than Moray’s. It also has
features that Moray does not such as importing SDL.
New testers welcome :-)

http://www.bishop3d.com/

Stephen

Post a reply to this message