POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.general : cross-sections to object Server Time
28 Mar 2024 17:53:49 EDT (-0400)
  cross-sections to object (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Leander
Subject: cross-sections to object
Date: 31 Mar 2007 05:30:02
Message: <web.460e3748dcee1648284d3d270@news.povray.org>
Hello,

I'm looking for a tool which takes a bunch of images
with cross-sections of an object, vectorizes and
triangulates them to build an object (in pov or dxf or
something). Does anyone know if there's a tool out there
doing this?

The background of this question is that I would like
to convert a large blob object to triangles/vectors to
export it into dxf or something. Or is there a better
way doing this?

Thanks,
Leander

Post a reply to this message

>I'm looking for a tool which takes a bunch of images
>with cross-sections of an object, vectorizes and
>triangulates them to build an object (in pov or dxf or
>something). Does anyone know if there's a tool out there
>doing this?
>
>The background of this question is that I would like
>to convert a large blob object to triangles/vectors to
>export it into dxf or something. Or is there a better
>way doing this?

Tga2df3.exe is a simple program to convert TGA images into density files. Then
you could use media. It is not a solid object though. I don't know of a
programme that does what you want.

http://www.users.on.net/~pod/df3/

Regards
	Stephen

Post a reply to this message

> I'm looking for a tool which takes a bunch of images
> with cross-sections of an object, vectorizes and
> triangulates them to build an object (in pov or dxf or
> something). Does anyone know if there's a tool out there
> doing this?
>
> The background of this question is that I would like
> to convert a large blob object to triangles/vectors to
> export it into dxf or something. Or is there a better
> way doing this?

Do you have Moray?
If yes, you can import your blob and convert it to a mesh2. Then, via
POV-Ray, you can import that into Poseray and export to dxf.

Thomas