POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.general : A good modeler Server Time
18 Apr 2024 20:12:48 EDT (-0400)
  A good modeler (Message 1 to 10 of 13)
From: einarabelc5
Subject: A good modeler
Date: 4 Dec 2006 14:45:00
Message: <web.45747a556d45d56f79603dca0@news.povray.org>
Hello:

I know there is Moray, Wings 3d, blender(with a lot of headaches using
blend2pov or povanim(which has a restritec number of meshes)) but I'm
looking for a good preferably free architectural modeler for rendering with
povray.

Mainly for photorealistic scenes

So far Moray is the one I like the most, but will it do the job?

Many Thanks.

Post a reply to this message

On Mon,  4 Dec 2006 14:43:32 EST, "einarabelc5" <ein### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:

>So far Moray is the one I like the most, but will it do the job?

If you put the effort in and create your own library of objects and materials,
it should.

Regards
	Stephen

Post a reply to this message

"einarabelc5" <ein### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> Hello:
>
> I know there is Moray, Wings 3d, blender(with a lot of headaches using
> blend2pov or povanim(which has a restritec number of meshes)) but I'm
> looking for a good preferably free architectural modeler for rendering with
> povray.
>
> Mainly for photorealistic scenes
>
> So far Moray is the one I like the most, but will it do the job?
>
> Many Thanks.

With either Blender or Wings, you can export your model as .OBJ. Then use
Pose-Ray to load the .obj file and export it to POV format. Pose-Ray is a
wonderful program. This method works quite well for me. If you use Blender,
I recommend downloading the latest version becasue the .obj exporter is much
better.
Regards, Janet

Post a reply to this message

I'd go with what Janet said, and use Wings > PoseRay > PoV-Ray.

  There's nothng you can't do with Wings.

    ~Steve~

Post a reply to this message

> I'd go with what Janet said, and use Wings > PoseRay > PoV-Ray.
>
>   There's nothng you can't do with Wings.
>
>     ~Steve~

Or Blender :)

Post a reply to this message

On Mon, 04 Dec 2006 20:13:39 -0500, Janet wrote:

>>   There's nothng you can't do with Wings.
>>
>>     ~Steve~
>
> Or Blender :)

or vi. ;-)

Jim

Post a reply to this message

> looking for a good preferably free architectural modeler for
> rendering with povray.

http://www.cycas.de/

Ingo

Post a reply to this message

> On Mon, 04 Dec 2006 20:13:39 -0500, Janet wrote:
>
> >>   There's nothng you can't do with Wings.
> >>
> >>     ~Steve~
> >
> > Or Blender :)
>
> or vi. ;-)

i double that! :)

Post a reply to this message

On Tue, 05 Dec 2006 19:08:32 -0500, nemesis wrote:

> i double that! :)

:-)

Jim

Post a reply to this message