POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.general : POVColor 3.1 Released Server Time
29 Mar 2024 09:01:43 EDT (-0400)
  POVColor 3.1 Released (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Allen
Subject: POVColor 3.1 Released
Date: 27 Nov 2006 21:45:01
Message: <web.456ba17274ba4ccc847ff7820@news.povray.org>
The features have been completed and a few new features are added.  The
source and Windows binaries can be downloaded at sourceforge.net but there
are no Linux binaries yet.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/povcolor/

Two new items are aliases and arrays.

An alias is just a name to name mapping, like '#declare Name=Target;'  This
may be used if, while playing around with colors, two different object may
have sometimes the same and sometimes different items, without editing the
scene file.  For example, two with the same target may be
Building1Map=Map1, Building2Map=Map1  The aliases could be changed so they
are not the same, like Building2Map=Map2.

An alias can represent any name, not just a name in the file, but the name
should exist before hand, so other aliases should not be used.

An array item supports creating an array of names.  It is up to the user to
make sure the items are the same type.  The output is something like
'#declare Name = array[2] { M_Skin1, M_Skin2 }'  Again, the names can be
any name, not just names from the file.

Items written to the output file are sorted as follows: colors, maps,
aliases, arrays.  This is to ensure that the colors and maps that the
aliases and arrays use exist before they are used.

Post a reply to this message

> The features have been completed and a few new features are added.  The
> source and Windows binaries can be downloaded at sourceforge.net but there
> are no Linux binaries yet.

Hi Allen, Thanks!! I like it. I just tried it breifly at work. I'll try it
more at home. It looks very handy.
Janet