POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.general : CONVERT .POV into CAD COMPATIBLE FORMAT (.OBJ?) Server Time
18 Apr 2024 18:38:35 EDT (-0400)
  CONVERT .POV into CAD COMPATIBLE FORMAT (.OBJ?) (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: a ioppolo
Subject: CONVERT .POV into CAD COMPATIBLE FORMAT (.OBJ?)
Date: 31 Oct 2006 03:40:00
Message: <web.45470b182475204eb1115be80@news.povray.org>
Hi dear,

I need to convert a quartic surface made in pov-Ray into CAD compatible
format (.OBJ?) Can you help me suggest me how to do it or a software (OS)
thata can manage this problem?

Thank you a lot,
Andrea

Post a reply to this message

From: Warp
Subject: Re: CONVERT .POV into CAD COMPATIBLE FORMAT (.OBJ?)
Date: 31 Oct 2006 07:16:09
Message: <45473e89@news.povray.org>
a.ioppolo <a.i### [at] marcopolosrlit> wrote:
> I need to convert a quartic surface made in pov-Ray into CAD compatible
> format (.OBJ?) Can you help me suggest me how to do it or a software (OS)
> thata can manage this problem?

  I think that math software (such as Mathematica) can create meshes
from polynomials. More than that, I don't know.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

I think that Mathlab could be useful too, but I really need an OS Software.

Any other idea?
A.

Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
> a.ioppolo <a.i### [at] marcopolosrlit> wrote:
> > I need to convert a quartic surface made in pov-Ray into CAD compatible
> > format (.OBJ?) Can you help me suggest me how to do it or a software (OS)
> > thata can manage this problem?
>
>   I think that math software (such as Mathematica) can create meshes
> from polynomials. More than that, I don't know.

a.ioppolo <a.i### [at] marcopolosrlit> wrote:
> Thanks, but Mathematica isn't OS.
> I think that Mathlab could be useful too, but I really need an OS Software.

  Just out of curiosity: Are you using "open source" as a synonym for
"can be used for free" here?

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message