POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.general : hello Server Time
20 Apr 2024 12:27:45 EDT (-0400)
  hello (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: vb
Subject: hello
Date: 20 Sep 2005 11:45:00
Message: <web.43302dd13610a686b80df0ee0@news.povray.org>
Hi everyone... Been using pov-ray for a few months but only just joined the
forum. I am rather newbie, haven't got a degree in maths and have no
knowledge of any programming languages... Can anyone direct me what to do
now? So far I'm pretty strong on all the methods of making textures and
capable of doing most basic stuff. At the moment I'm trying to make
something to 'proove', to some extent, basic equations (see below). So, a
couple of reasons for this post, other than greeting y'all: can someone
suggest/direct me to somewhere showing how I can convert a number of
spheres to a single, effectively infinite, effectively 2D, surface... and
any suggestions what a beginner who wants to improve their general
competence, who wishes to eventually become able to imitate 'real life'
scenes, should work on next? Here's my scene:

//PROOF THAT sqrt(X+Y) can never equal sqrt(X)+sqrt(Y) when both X and Y
have values greater than zero
//sqrt(X+Y) is represented by red spheres, sqrt(X)+sqrt(Y) is represented by
green spheres.
//height is'Z', depth is 'Y', width is 'X'

camera {
  location  <0, 20, -30>
  look_at   <10, 3, 10>
  direction 1
}

light_source {
  <500, 500, -500>
  color rgb 1
}

#declare DENS=1;   //increase value to increase rendering speed and/but
decrease the density of surface composition

#declare X=0;   // decrease this value...
#while (X<100)     // ...and increase this value to extend the limits of the
dotmap

        #declare Y=0;
        #while (Y<100)

        sphere {<X,sqrt(X+Y),Y>,0.15 pigment{rgbt <1,.1,.1,0.5>} finish
{ambient 0.1} }
        sphere {<X,sqrt(X)+sqrt(Y),Y>,0.15 pigment{rgbt <.1,1,.1,0.5>}
finish {ambient 0.1} }

        #declare Y=Y+DENS;
        #end
#if (Y=100)
#declare X=X+DENS;
#declare Y=0;
#end
#if (Y<100)
#declare X=X;
#end
#end
///*
cylinder{<-50,0,0>,<50,0,0>,0.2
pigment {rgbt .8}
no_shadow
}
cylinder{<0,-50,0>,<0,50,0>,0.2
pigment {rgbt .8}
no_shadow
}
cylinder{<0,0,-50>,<0,0,50>,0.2
pigment {rgbt .8}
no_shadow
}
//*/

Apologies if I have inadvertantly posted in the wrong section of the forum,
and cheers in advance!

Post a reply to this message