POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.general : free CAD software supporting POV-Ray Server Time
28 Mar 2024 13:18:34 EDT (-0400)
  free CAD software supporting POV-Ray (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: clipka
Subject: free CAD software supporting POV-Ray
Date: 3 Jun 2015 06:56:59
Message: <556edd7b@news.povray.org>
Hi folks,

looks like there's a free 3D CAD package out there that can generate
POV-Ray files, yet hasn't gotten any attention in these newsgroups yet
whatsoever.

The software is aptly named "FreeCAD". It has been under development
since 2001 based on the Open Cascade CAD kernel, and is currently
available for Windows, Linux and Mac OS.

See http://www.freecadweb.org/ for details.

Post a reply to this message

> The software is aptly named "FreeCAD". It has been under development
> since 2001 based on the Open Cascade CAD kernel, and is currently
> available for Windows, Linux and Mac OS.
>
> See http://www.freecadweb.org/ for details.

Looks interesting. I shall investigate

John
--
Protect the Earth
It was not given to you by your parents

Post a reply to this message

>> The software is aptly named "FreeCAD". It has been under development
>> since 2001 based on the Open Cascade CAD kernel, and is currently
>> available for Windows, Linux and Mac OS.
>>
>> See http://www.freecadweb.org/ for details.
>
> Looks interesting. I shall investigate

It does. I might have a look myself.

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

>>> The software is aptly named "FreeCAD". It has been under development
>>> since 2001 based on the Open Cascade CAD kernel, and is currently
>>> available for Windows, Linux and Mac OS.
>>>
>>> See http://www.freecadweb.org/ for details.
>>
>> Looks interesting. I shall investigate
>>

> It does. I might have a look myself.

Is there an echo in here?