POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.general : LanuHum Blender PovRay exporter Server Time: 12 Dec 2018 20:48:35 GMT
  LanuHum Blender PovRay exporter (Message 1 to 6 of 6)  
From: Stephen
Subject: LanuHum Blender PovRay exporter
Date: 29 Sep 2013 09:41:27
Message: <5247f5c7$1@news.povray.org>
Hi LanuHum
I created a simple cube and assigned a material (material.000).
I selected a side and assigned another material (material.001) to it.
When I rendered the cube, the whole cube was rendered with (material.001).

Looking at the code.
You are using mesh.
I think that you should use mesh2 to assign different materials to 
different faces.

-- 
Regards
     Stephen


Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Subject: Re: LanuHum Blender PovRay exporter
Date: 29 Sep 2013 14:34:13
Message: <52483a65$1@news.povray.org>
On 29/09/2013 2:02 PM, LanuHum wrote:> Stephen <mca### [at] aolcom> wrote:
 >> Hi LanuHum
 >>   I have a comment but this group is not the place to do it. I posted it
 >> in: povray.tools.general.
 >>
 >> LanuHum Blender PovRay exporter
 >>
 >> --
 >> Regards
 >>       Stephen
 >
 > Let there will be one topic

Yes but not in the news-submissions, group.
 >
 >> Hi LanuHum
 >> I created a simple cube and assigned a material (material.000).
 >> I selected a side and assigned another material (material.001) to it.
 >> When I rendered the cube, the whole cube was rendered with 
(material.001).
 >
 >> Looking at the code.
 >> You are using mesh.
 >> I think that you should use mesh2 to assign different materials to
 >> different faces.
 >
 > --
 >> Regards
 >>      Stephen
 >
 > Yes! I studied it.
 > Mesh2 has many lines, mesh is more compact.Heavy scenes difficult parsing
 > Mesh has different materials too, but badly works with glass: ior, 
caustic and
 > so on. Therefore I cleaned this part of a code.Image_map hoping to 
compensate
 > it.

It might be a good idea if you want to export to PovRay to use the type 
of mesh that was designed for PovRay.
MR seems to have done it well.

 > Most likely, I will provide to the user independently to choose: mesh 
or mesh2

A good option.

 > I still badly dealt with a code which is writing down mesh2 from Blender
 > I am not the professional programmer.
 > I will try! :)
 >

I cannot ask more than that.
As I am no programmer at all.

-- 
Regards
     Stephen


Post a reply to this message

From: LanuHum
Subject: Re: LanuHum Blender PovRay exporter
Date: 29 Sep 2013 16:10:02
Message: <web.52484fddc7b5ac887a3e03fe0@news.povray.org>
Stephen <mca### [at] aolcom> wrote:
> Hi LanuHum
> I created a simple cube and assigned a material (material.000).
> I selected a side and assigned another material (material.001) to it.
> When I rendered the cube, the whole cube was rendered with (material.001).
>
> Looking at the code.
> You are using mesh.
> I think that you should use mesh2 to assign different materials to
> different faces.
>
> --
> Regards
>      Stephen


Welcome:
http://yadi.sk/d/N9GATzas6njUA
render_povray_rc7
1. Add mesh2. Assign different materials and group smooth
Now your choice: to use mesh or mesh2.
2. Add shape plane.
3. Fix normal_map.


Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Subject: Re: LanuHum Blender PovRay exporter
Date: 29 Sep 2013 16:25:33
Message: <5248547d$1@news.povray.org>
>
> Welcome:
> http://yadi.sk/d/N9GATzas6njUA
> render_povray_rc7
> 1. Add mesh2. Assign different materials and group smooth
> Now your choice: to use mesh or mesh2.
> 2. Add shape plane.
> 3. Fix normal_map.
>
That was quick but what am I looking for?
New addon?


-- 
Regards
     Stephen


Post a reply to this message

From: LanuHum
Subject: Re: LanuHum Blender PovRay exporter
Date: 30 Sep 2013 16:20:00
Message: <web.5249a49ec7b5ac887a3e03fe0@news.povray.org>
Stephen <mca### [at] aolcom> wrote:

> That was quick but what am I looking for?
> New addon?
>

I don't understand.
Look:
http://yadi.sk/d/uTQTLltQAAcsg


Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Subject: Re: LanuHum Blender PovRay exporter
Date: 5 Oct 2013 10:39:04
Message: <524fec48$1@news.povray.org>
On 30/09/2013 5:19 PM, LanuHum wrote:
> Stephen <mca### [at] aolcom> wrote:
>
>> That was quick but what am I looking for?
>> New addon?
>>
>
> I don't understand.
> Look:
> http://yadi.sk/d/uTQTLltQAAcsg
>
>
>
>
Sorry for the delay. I am offline most of the week.

I thought that it was an update. :-(

-- 
Regards
     Stephen


Post a reply to this message

Copyright 2003-2008 Persistence of Vision Raytracer Pty. Ltd.