POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.general : a tonemapping question Server Time
28 Mar 2024 13:20:11 EDT (-0400)
  a tonemapping question (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Jan Dvorak
Subject: a tonemapping question
Date: 3 Dec 2007 03:12:31
Message: <4753ba6f@news.povray.org>
Hello,
currently the tonemapping (megapov) affects each RGB channel
independently. Is it possible to make it affect the luminace but not the
overall color (hue, saturation)?

The color is perceived in the eye in a Lab format, luminace being
treated logarithmically. I want to simulate this behavior to compress
HDR images into LDR inside pov-ray.

Post a reply to this message

> currently the tonemapping (megapov) affects each RGB channel
> independently. Is it possible to make it affect the luminace but not the
> overall color (hue, saturation)?
>
> The color is perceived in the eye in a Lab format, luminace being
> treated logarithmically. I want to simulate this behavior to compress
> HDR images into LDR inside pov-ray.
oops, wrong group