POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.general : Snowflake Generator for Windows Server Time
25 Apr 2024 05:23:48 EDT (-0400)
  Snowflake Generator for Windows (Message 21 to 25 of 25)
From: Samuel Benge
Subject: Re: Snowflake Generator for Windows
Date: 10 Nov 2007 20:17:18
Message: <4736581e$1@news.povray.org>
Jim Henderson wrote:

> Under WINE it indicates dx8 is being used, (but it is emulated so maybe
> just some missing functionality).  In my W2K VM, I show ... whoops, looks
> like I might not've installed any version.  Will fix that and try again
> in the VM.

Hopefully you can get it working, since I've got a new version almost
complete. It produces more realistic snowflakes, and is based on an
iterative function. Stay posted...

Sam

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 10 Nov 2007 20:24:13
Message: <473659bd$1@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 09 Nov 2007 15:26:59 -0800, Samuel Benge wrote:

> What version of DirectX do you have?

DirectX 9 on W2K now, no luck, though. :-(

Jim

Post a reply to this message

On Sat, 10 Nov 2007 17:17:21 -0800, Samuel Benge wrote:

> Jim Henderson wrote:
>>
>> Under WINE it indicates dx8 is being used, (but it is emulated so maybe
>> just some missing functionality).  In my W2K VM, I show ... whoops,
>> looks like I might not've installed any version.  Will fix that and try
>> again in the VM.
>
> Hopefully you can get it working, since I've got a new version almost
> complete. It produces more realistic snowflakes, and is based on an
> iterative function. Stay posted...

Will do, hopefully the new version will have better luck...

Jim

Post a reply to this message