POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.general : When will the new MORAY be out? Server Time
28 Mar 2024 07:02:28 EDT (-0400)
  When will the new MORAY be out? (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Deadhead DMT
Subject: When will the new MORAY be out?
Date: 12 Jul 2007 08:35:01
Message: <web.46961ee06b57ed689ed6ea590@news.povray.org>
I know you all have obtained the Morary license now.  I have been using
moray for many many years....  but my newest computer (windows XP) seems to
have problems with it and it will crash periodically.   I am hoping the new
POV-Moray version will correct this, but WHEN WILL IT BE RELEASE?  Is there
anything we can do to help accelerate the release?

I cannot afford high priced commercial 3D editors, and I love doing 3D
graphics, but I need the tools to do that....  I know I could do the work
with POV alone, but I am much more of a visual graphics artist rather than
a code-based graphics artist...  it just takes me too long to try to do any
type of graphic using only the POV program....  I NEED some sort of 3D
modeling front end that will access POV's power.....  the MORAY program has
provided me wonderful graphic creations in the past and I want to be able to
continue to utilize POV through it.....

Please!  When will the MORAY program be finished?????

Thank you in advance, please advise....

David

Post a reply to this message

Deadhead_DMT <Dea### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> Please!  When will the MORAY program be finished?????

  You should probably wait for POV-Ray 3.7 to be finished first.
The pov-team is pretty busy with it now so I don't think they have
too much time right now for other huge projects such as Moray.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

"Deadhead_DMT" <Dea### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:

> I cannot afford high priced commercial 3D editors, and I love doing 3D
> graphics, but I need the tools to do that....  I know I could do the work
> with POV alone, but I am much more of a visual graphics artist rather than
> a code-based graphics artist...  it just takes me too long to try to do any
> type of graphic using only the POV program....  I NEED some sort of 3D
> modeling front end that will access POV's power.....  the MORAY program has
> provided me wonderful graphic creations in the past and I want to be able to
> continue to utilize POV through it.....

David
If Moray is not working for you and you need a modeler you could try
Bishop3D. It is undergoing beta tests but it is workable, in the main. It

features that Moray does not such as importing SDL.
New testers welcome :-)

http://www.bishop3d.com/

Stephen

Post a reply to this message