POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.tutorials : Drawing 3D text Server Time
18 Apr 2024 19:27:33 EDT (-0400)
  Drawing 3D text (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: carleton
Subject: Drawing 3D text
Date: 8 Aug 2007 07:05:00
Message: <web.46b9a270ec6db39ee326f2a60@news.povray.org>
Hi folks, I am starting a one man software company and am looking for a
logo.  I saw this the other day:

http://www.phplivesupport.com/pics/screenshots/setup_trackit.gif

and realized it was EXACTLY what I was looking for, except rather then a
dollar sign, I wanted two capital letter P's.  Years back (around 1992) I
played with povray and thought it would be the ideal tool to create such a
graphic, but it has been so long I thought I might see if anyone here might
be able to help me setup on a script to create something basic like this.

Carleton

Post a reply to this message

> Hi folks, I am starting a one man software company and am looking for a
> logo.  I saw this the other day:
>
> http://www.phplivesupport.com/pics/screenshots/setup_trackit.gif
>
> and realized it was EXACTLY what I was looking for, except rather then a
> dollar sign, I wanted two capital letter P's.  Years back (around 1992) I
> played with povray and thought it would be the ideal tool to create such a
> graphic, but it has been so long I thought I might see if anyone here might
> be able to help me setup on a script to create something basic like this.
>
> Carleton

Hello Carleton,

I think it is not so difficult to set up a scene with POVRAY to get
something similar.

Just use a basic scene and add 2 lines with a text object, e.g.

text { ttf "timrom.ttf", "PP", 0.5, 0 pigment { White }}
text { ttf "wingdng3.ttf", "Q", 0.05, 0 rotate <90,45,0> scale 3 translate
<-1.25,0.35,0.25> pigment { White }}

A little tweaking will be necessary, but that won't be too hard to do.

Greetings, em-sigma