POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.tutorials : New tutorial about 2D screen coordinates Server Time
25 Apr 2024 08:02:42 EDT (-0400)
  New tutorial about 2D screen coordinates (Message 1 to 10 of 15)
From: Mike Horvath
Subject: New tutorial about 2D screen coordinates
Date: 30 Aug 2018 22:39:14
Message: <5b88aa52$1@news.povray.org>
I just created a new tutorial about how to calculate very precise values
for the 2D screen coordinates of objects in a POV-Ray render.

http://wiki.povray.org/content/HowTo:Output_2D_screen_coordinates#Sample_Scene

LMKWYT

Mike

Post a reply to this message

From: Thomas de Groot
Subject: Re: New tutorial about 2D screen coordinates
Date: 31 Aug 2018 03:36:03
Message: <5b88efe3@news.povray.org>
On 31-8-2018 4:39, Mike Horvath wrote:
> I just created a new tutorial about how to calculate very precise values
> for the 2D screen coordinates of objects in a POV-Ray render.
>
> http://wiki.povray.org/content/HowTo:Output_2D_screen_coordinates#Sample_Scene
>

> LMKWYT
>

> Mike

Thank you indeed! Very useful. Noting it does exactly the opposite of
what I generally do :-) For ages I have been using Norbert Kern's
position_finder.pov macro from 2006, to get (with variable precision I
must confess) a position somewhere on a 3D landscape or object,
calculated from a 2D render of the scene. I then use the found 3D
coordinates to place new objects in the scene.

http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.scene-files/attachment/%3Cweb.4478509041a06b1c9bff7e8b0%40news.povray.org%3E/position_finder.pov.txt

--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message