POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.tutorials : Chief Architect and POV-Ray Server Time: 16 Apr 2014 19:34:53 GMT
  Chief Architect and POV-Ray (Message 1 to 5 of 5)  
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Subject: Chief Architect and POV-Ray
Date: 27 Feb 2009 22:24:52
Message: <49a86834$1@news.povray.org>
Here is a tutorial about using Chief Architect and POV-Ray to create
decent architectural renderings:

http://www.ignorancia.org/en/index.php?page=Chief_Architect

Chief Architect X1 is a professional home design software. It uses POV-Ray
as the internal raytracing engine, and also exports to POV format, but
standard results don't seem to be showing off the best POV-Ray can do. So I
had to develop an alternative method to put my usual tricks in action.

Please, point any errors or typos, make suggestions or criticism, and if you
are a CA user... please try it and report how it works for you.

Regards,

--
Jaime


Post a reply to this message

From: Warp
Subject: Re: Chief Architect and POV-Ray
Date: 27 Feb 2009 23:08:50
Message: <49a87282@news.povray.org>
Jaime Vives Piqueres <jaimevives [at] ignoranciaorg> wrote:
> Here is a tutorial about using Chief Architect and POV-Ray to create
> decent architectural renderings:

> http://www.ignorancia.org/en/index.php?page=Chief_Architect

  I must confess those are some jaw-dropping images. Awesome work.

-- 
                                                          - Warp


Post a reply to this message

From: nemesis
Subject: Re: Chief Architect and POV-Ray
Date: 28 Feb 2009 00:40:00
Message: <web.49a886d8788f5faf2f669be70@news.povray.org>
Jaime Vives Piqueres <jaimevives [at] ignoranciaorg> wrote:
> Here is a tutorial about using Chief Architect and POV-Ray to create
> decent architectural renderings:
>
> http://www.ignorancia.org/en/index.php?page=Chief_Architect

Way to go, Jaime!  Pure finesse.  Good to see there was a good reason to
ignorancia.org remain without updates as you were learning your way through the
software...

I've seen CA before and indeed the default renderings were appalling next to
what users of other packages were getting from their default integrated
renderers and it was like getting povray a bad name.  I hope the tutorial
spreads and gets noted by CA users.

This one looks friggin awesome:
http://www.ignorancia.org/uploads/chief-architect/wips/ventanal2-04.jpg


Post a reply to this message

From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Subject: Re: Chief Architect and POV-Ray
Date: 1 Mar 2009 12:02:38
Message: <49aa795e@news.povray.org>
Warp escribió:

> I must confess those are some jaw-dropping images. Awesome work.
> 

   Thanks! ...I really put a lot of hours into this, but at least I learned a
lot of radiosity tricks which I'm going to publish separately, as they are
valid for any POV-Ray scene. Most of them are ways to avoid common radiosity
artifacts.

--
Jaime


Post a reply to this message

From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Subject: Re: Chief Architect and POV-Ray
Date: 1 Mar 2009 12:05:59
Message: <49aa7a27$1@news.povray.org>
nemesis escribió:
> Way to go, Jaime!  Pure finesse.  Good to see there was a good reason to 
> ignorancia.org remain without updates as you were learning your way
> through the software...

   Thanks for the excuse, but I thought that I was simply being lazy... :)

> I've seen CA before and indeed the default renderings were appalling next
> to what users of other packages were getting from their default
> integrated renderers and it was like getting povray a bad name.  I hope
> the tutorial spreads and gets noted by CA users.

   Yeah... that was the point.

> This one looks friggin awesome: 
> http://www.ignorancia.org/uploads/chief-architect/wips/ventanal2-04.jpg

   ...apart from the terrific decoration, you mean? ;)

--
Jaime


Post a reply to this message

Copyright 2003-2008 Persistence of Vision Raytracer Pty. Ltd.