POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.tutorials : Rain? Server Time
18 May 2024 10:17:47 EDT (-0400)
  Rain? (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: John Albarelli
Subject: Rain?
Date: 20 Jun 2001 07:59:17
Message: <3b309015@news.povray.org>
Anybody know of a tutorial or have any good ideas on how to make it look
like its' raining?  Thanks.

John

Post a reply to this message

From: Bob H
Subject: Re: Rain?
Date: 20 Jun 2001 12:56:36
Message: <3b30d5c4@news.povray.org>
Here's one way:
http://www.povray.org/preview/irtc-cd3/files/stills/1997-10-31/cinema.txt
Look for Gilles Trans Wet Bird entry at the IRTC too, it's another scene
made to look wet and rainy.

Basically you want some reflection on most everything.  Then a dents normal
might suffice to look like rainfall is hitting things.  Ground type fog is
probably best for the decreasing visibility, and adding turbulence with
several octaves should add droplets (although not very well IMHO).
Media might be a nice option if it renders fast enough for you, it could be
made granular using low sampling but enough samples to smooth that out.

Bob H.

"John Albarelli" <joh### [at] smithandmahoneycom> wrote in message
> Anybody know of a tutorial or have any good ideas on how to make it look
> like its' raining?  Thanks.

Post a reply to this message