POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.tutorials : Aged wood textures Server Time
18 May 2024 12:39:57 EDT (-0400)
  Aged wood textures (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Leitha Hyde
Subject: Aged wood textures
Date: 3 Sep 2000 00:06:43
Message: <39b1ce53@news.povray.org>
Can anyone help me out?  I'm trying to make an old rustic cross and need a
wood texture that resembles wood that has aged many years and has gone a
medium dark grey colour

Thanks in advance

Leitha

Post a reply to this message

From: Mark Wagner
Subject: Re: Aged wood textures
Date: 3 Sep 2000 00:44:34
Message: <39b1d732@news.povray.org>
Leitha Hyde wrote in message <39b1ce53@news.povray.org>...
>Can anyone help me out?  I'm trying to make an old rustic cross and need a
>wood texture that resembles wood that has aged many years and has gone a
>medium dark grey colour

Try taking one of the textures in woods.inc and changing the color map to
greys.  Also, be sure to add a normal to the texture.

Post a reply to this message