POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.tutorials : Saving as an image Server Time
24 Apr 2024 07:22:01 EDT (-0400)
  Saving as an image (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: scsa316
Subject: Saving as an image
Date: 5 Jun 2000 15:26:27
Message: <393bfee3@news.povray.org>
hey!  one more question...once i have an image i like, how do i save it as a
jpg or gif image instead of a pov image?  TIA

~*~Lady Lex~*~

Post a reply to this message

From: Ken
Subject: Re: Saving as an image
Date: 5 Jun 2000 15:38:33
Message: <393C013B.3CA4040E@pacbell.net>
scsa316 wrote:

> hey!  one more question...once i have an image i like, how do i save it as a
> jpg or gif image instead of a pov image?  TIA

When POV-Ray renders and image to the screen there is also an image
being stored in the directory where the .pov file you are rendering
is located. Depending on which platform of POV-Ray you are using
this might be a .tga, .png, or .bmp image file. POV-Ray does not
have built in support for outputting either .jpg or .gif. You will
have to locate the image on your hard drive and covert it using
any standard image processing program like PhotoShop of PSP.

May I make a couple of suggestions ?

Take some time to read the VFAQ. It was written by a few of us that
frequent these groups and covers many of the most frequently asked
questions asked by our new visitors -

http://www.students.tut.fi/~warp/povVFAQ/

Additionally the questions you are asking should be taken to the
group -povray.newusers- rather than posting them in this group.
Please take the time to subscribe to

povray.announce.frequently-asked-questions

and read through the various messages posted there. Especialy
read the message I posted "Welcome to the POV-Ray News Groups."
You will find a lot of good information in there that will
help you get more out of using the groups on this server and
it will also direct you to information on getting the most
out of using POV-Ray.

Enjoy,