POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.tutorials : Exhaust color Server Time
28 Mar 2024 16:22:28 EDT (-0400)
  Exhaust color (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: John Bauman
Subject: Exhaust color
Date: 14 Jul 1999 16:51:20
Message: <378cf848@news.povray.org>
I'm making plasma exhaust for the ship that I'm building.
I'm very unhappy with the fact that it is only a little blue only on the
edges.
There isn't any density type called conical, so what should I do?

Here is the present code:
#include "colors.inc"
cone {  file://plasma
  <0,0,0>
  10
  <-25,0,0>
  5
  pigment {
    rgbt <.2,.2,.8,1>
  }
  hollow on
  interior {
    media {
      emission rgb <.2,.2,.8>
      file://density {
      // conical
      file://}
    }
  }
}
camera {
 location <-0,0-40>
 look_at <-10,0,0>
}

--
webpage: http://johntb.freeservers.com
ICQ:20886467 AIM:Qbwiz

Post a reply to this message

>I'm making plasma exhaust for the ship that I'm building.
>I'm very unhappy with the fact that it is only a little blue only on the
>edges.
>There isn't any density type called conical, so what should I do?

You might be able to fake a conical density type by multiplying a
cylindrical density type with gradient y?

Jerry

Post a reply to this message

>>I'm making plasma exhaust for the ship that I'm building.
>>I'm very unhappy with the fact that it is only a little blue only on the
>>edges.
>>There isn't any density type called conical, so what should I do?
>
>You might be able to fake a conical density type by multiplying a
>cylindrical density type with gradient y?
I did a gradient y, but I dont know how to multiply a cylindrical density by
it

>Jerry

Post a reply to this message

From: Jerry
Date: 16 Jul 1999 16:38:23
Message: <jerry-1607991338220001@cerebus.acusd.edu>
In article <378ea698@news.povray.org>, "John Bauman"
<bau### [at] ptdprolognet> wrote:

>Jerry wrote in message ...
>>In article <378cf848@news.povray.org>, "John Bauman"
>><bau### [at] ptdprolognet> wrote:
>>
>>>I'm making plasma exhaust for the ship that I'm building.
>>>I'm very unhappy with the fact that it is only a little blue only on the
>>>edges.
>>>There isn't any density type called conical, so what should I do?
>>
>>You might be able to fake a conical density type by multiplying a
>>cylindrical density type with gradient y?
>I did a gradient y, but I dont know how to multiply a cylindrical density by
>it

Basically you just stick multiple densities after each other and they multiply:

#declare Final_Render = 1;
//units in feet
//east is negative x
//north is positive z

#include "colors.inc"
#include "skies.inc"
#include "woods.inc"

#if (Final_Render > 0)
   #declare minsamples = 2;
   #declare maxsamples = 12;
   #declare fogvariance = 40/1000;
   #declare fogconfidence = 0.98;
   #declare fogintervals=1;
#else
   #declare minsamples = 1;
   #declare maxsamples = 4;
   #declare fogvariance = 100/1000;
   #declare fogconfidence = 0.7;
   #declare fogintervals=1;
#end
cylinder {
   <0,0,0>,<0,1,0>,1.0001
   pigment {
      color rgbf <1,1,1,1>
   }
   interior {
      media {
         scattering {  1, 1}
         intervals fogintervals
         samples minsamples, maxsamples
         confidence fogconfidence
         variance fogvariance
         density {
            gradient y
            color_map {
               [0 color rgb <1, 1, 1>]
               [1 color rgb <0, 0, 0>]
            }
         }

         density {
            cylindrical
            color_map {
               [0.0  color rgb <0,0,0>]
               [1.0  color rgb <1,1,1>]
            }
         }
      }
   }
   hollow
   scale 2
}

camera {
   location <0,.3,-4>
   look_at <0,.5,0>
}

light_source {
   <-100,500,-75>,
   color White
}

sky_sphere {
   pigment {
      gradient y
      pigment_map {
         [0.01 rgb <0.847, 0.749, 0.747> ] // horizon
         [0.25 P_Cloud2 scale 0.25 rotate z*5]
         [0.60 P_Cloud3 scale <0.25, 0.15, 0.25> rotate z*10]
      }
   }
}

Post a reply to this message

From: John Bauman
Date: 17 Jul 1999 17:00:46
Message: <3790eefe@news.povray.org>
I got it, i used radial (thanks tom the person who submitted the first
candle to povbjects).