POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.tutorials : please do not laugh! (i have a question) Server Time
18 Apr 2024 16:14:40 EDT (-0400)
  please do not laugh! (i have a question) (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Ajay
Subject: please do not laugh! (i have a question)
Date: 25 Jun 1999 16:25:29
Message: <3773F369.118519B4@vpharm.com>
Hi Folks,

    i came across POV-RAY today and have downloaded it, i have no real
idea what it is ... looks nice though.

    Here is what i was thinking. I have a regular 2D image (say jpg) of
a person. Can i make it 3D? If this is possible, can someone show me an
example (and code if available)? ( i do not care what the 3D image looks
like, at this point, it can be any 3D rendering of a photograph in jpg
format).

    Please email me. If there is sufficient interest, i will summarize.

    Thank you.

    ---ajay
    aja### [at] vpharmcom

Post a reply to this message

>     i came across POV-RAY today and have downloaded it, i have no real
> idea what it is ... looks nice though.
>
>     Here is what i was thinking. I have a regular 2D image (say jpg) of
> a person. Can i make it 3D? If this is possible, can someone show me an
> example (and code if available)? ( i do not care what the 3D image looks
> like, at this point, it can be any 3D rendering of a photograph in jpg
> format).
>
>     Please email me. If there is sufficient interest, i will summarize.
>
>     Thank you.
>
>     ---ajay
>     aja### [at] vpharmcom

  It is a good question and one I have answered before. If you go to
the povray.binaries.tutorials group you will find a subject line that
say's "2D to 3D image tutorial" that I posted on 3-5-1999. It is a bit
advanced for a beginner but it will get you going in the right direction.
It does include povray code and image examples so it should answer many
of your questions for you.
  For the record Pov does not directly support the jpg image format and
anything you wish to do with images in pov will have to be converted to
one of the formats it does support. You will find more info about this in
my tutorial.

  Feel free to ask any questions you may have after going through it and
I will see what I can do to help.

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net

Post a reply to this message

P.S. To see how well my methods can work look in the images group on this
server by Jim Kress "The Pieta" <sp?> posted on 03-04-1999 and my own post
"Cheyanne Warrior" on 03-05-1999 both showing the power of the process.

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net

Post a reply to this message

>     i came across POV-RAY today and have downloaded it, i have no real
> idea what it is ... looks nice though.
>
>     Here is what i was thinking. I have a regular 2D image (say jpg) of
> a person. Can i make it 3D? If this is possible, can someone show me an
> example (and code if available)? ( i do not care what the 3D image looks
> like, at this point, it can be any 3D rendering of a photograph in jpg
> format).
>
>     Please email me. If there is sufficient interest, i will summarize.
>
>     Thank you.

If you have several pictures from different angles of the same
object/person then try:

http://www.eossystems.com/Lite/

Marc
--