POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.tutorials : walking tutorials.. Server Time
23 Apr 2024 08:03:59 EDT (-0400)
  walking tutorials.. (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Jason Dinger
Subject: walking tutorials..
Date: 25 May 1999 21:32:44
Message: <3749EFA8.239C15F0@hotmail.com>
Tim Soderman asked for some walking tutorials and was given a ton of
links. Unfortunately very few of those links dealt with POV-Ray and the
ones that did were include files, not tutorials. The walking.inc is
helpful and makes it possible to
make simple walking animations, but it doesn't explain how to do it. Tim
said it and I'd have to agree, we're looking for tutorials....I can use
the include file all day long but I don't get anything out of it if I
don't understand why (acos((B*B+C*C-A*A)/
(2*B*C))+atan2(lStride,lAnkle))-pi/2  moves the knee a certain way. I've
even made a ton of small animations wherein I move a sphere by every
imaginable variable (ie:
sin(pi*clock),sin(pi*2*clock),(clock*clock),sqrt(clock),etc.etc.etc).
but
it really didn't help me to understand the complex type of math that is
used in walking.inc. Also, downloading the source to a ton of IRTC
animations didn't help because 9 out of 10 of them had equations that
were just as daunting. If anyone knows of a tutorial that explains these
things better it would be MUCH appreciated.
 thanks.
  jason.
   www.angelfire.com/co/ug

Post a reply to this message

Actually, it's Tim SoderSTROM, but that's okay. I must agree to what you
have said here. I checked out some of the links, though not many. It, more
or less, explained the concepts behind it. They would work, except that I
don't have a strong enough backing in Pov-math (where to use it and how).
I'm still trying to figure out curves without using the translate first
then rotate ploy :) hehe

In any case, I agree, and if you happen to find any, please notify
me! (It'll do the same, of course)
Tim Soderstrom
TigerHawk