POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.tutorials : Help with LensFlare include file Server Time
5 May 2024 01:15:26 EDT (-0400)
  Help with LensFlare include file (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Albert Einstein
Subject: Help with LensFlare include file
Date: 11 Apr 1999 16:45:24
Message: <3710fbd4.0@news.povray.org>
I recently downloaded the LensFlare Include to create some very impressive
LensFlare and Sparkles. But there is a problem: when I try to use it, my
previous scene disappears! I don't know what is the cause of this problem,
because it is not mentioned in any part of the help file included within the
zip file, so help me if you can

Post a reply to this message

I'm thinking you may mean "blackout" due to a low max_trace_level in
global_settings.
Add them to your scene file and use a higher number than 5, and keep in
mind this number is directly related to your layers of flare objects and
other semi-transparent objects or reflective surfaces in your scene.

global_settings {
 max_trace_level 15  //might be plenty
}

--