POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.tutorials : Re: Rotationg whole objects around non zero center points Server Time
4 May 2024 21:13:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rotationg whole objects around non zero center points (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: Ilmari Karonen
Subject: Re: Rotationg whole objects around non zero center points
Date: 21 Jan 1999 06:01:11
Message: <36a708f7.0@news.povray.org>
>Since a computer program generated this model I don't know how much I would
>have translate certain objects to move them back to the origin to rotate and
>then move them back.

You'll need to know the point you'll be rotating the objects around
anyway, and once you know the coordinates it's just as easy to translate
the object to origin and back.

Of course, if you're just going to rotate the object around one axis you
only need to translate it to somewhere along that axis.

(Replying in lynx is a lot nicer than Outlook Express, but I see no

 ,-/|            `-.  Ilmari Karonen (ilt### [at] scifi) ^ All opinions expressed
/,  '\,     `.  ,|"-;;.__ http://www.sci.fi/~iltzu/ | in this message are my
"`-(_,-"" `-' (,' itz      | make some for you too, you should pay for them!