POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.tutorials : Waving flags Server Time
18 May 2024 14:07:46 EDT (-0400)
  Waving flags (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: GrimDude
Subject: Waving flags
Date: 12 Jan 1970 02:57:24
Message: <01bd1f25$f0fceb00$c9681cce@arkansasusa.com.arkansasusa.com>
This is another area I've had no luck in. After watching the U.S. Figure
Skating Competition (and the poorly done U.S. Flag that was represented in
the ice), I attempted to create a waving flag. My approach was to create a
box, larger then the flag I intended to render, and then map an image_map
to it with turbulence applied. This worked great, except the turbulence
refuses to animate. Using the sine_wave function looked ridiculous. Looking
at it from the perpendicular perspective the sine_wave function works, but
from any other viewpoint it doesn't work, and the edges always appear
straight.

What am I doing wrong?

I'll  post a sample image in the binary area (with the source I guess).

Paul Hinds
gri### [at] swbellnet

Post a reply to this message

Try the flag include file from my homepage: