POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : beetle pov model Server Time
28 Mar 2024 18:08:58 EDT (-0400)
  beetle pov model (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Mike Miller
Subject: beetle pov model
Date: 12 Mar 2023 23:40:01
Message: <web.640e9a14729de38da30d213ddabc9342@news.povray.org>
Beetle model using blobs and cubic_splines parsed from a .x3d via Blender. I
created some simple utilities to convert primitive types from Blender - I was
very happy to see the screen representation of blobs (Mballs) matched pretty
close to the POV result. I included the .exe that convert those types.
Mike

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'beetle.zip' (3924 KB)

> Beetle model using blobs and cubic_splines parsed from a .x3d via Blender. I
> created some simple utilities to convert primitive types from Blender - I was
> very happy to see the screen representation of blobs (Mballs) matched pretty
> close to the POV result. I included the .exe that convert those types.
Thanks for sharing the model, I've explored and rendered it - looks
good, done very neat, now preparing animation and appropriate lighting.
--
YB

Post a reply to this message

From: Mike Miller
Date: 13 Mar 2023 10:15:00
Message: <web.640f2fca94c64a31a30d213ddabc9342@news.povray.org>
yesbird <sya### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> On 13/03/2023 06:37, Mike Miller wrote:
> > Beetle model using blobs and cubic_splines parsed from a .x3d via Blender. I
> > created some simple utilities to convert primitive types from Blender - I was
> > very happy to see the screen representation of blobs (Mballs) matched pretty
> > close to the POV result. I included the .exe that convert those types.
> Thanks for sharing the model, I've explored and rendered it - looks
> good, done very neat, now preparing animation and appropriate lighting.
> --
> YB

Thanks, YB.
Sorry the 0,0,0 insertion point is not centered on the beetle's x. I set my
underlay at 0 to positive 100 units. I should shift all the union'd parts x-50
so the model scales better.
Mike

Post a reply to this message

From: yesbird
Date: 13 Mar 2023 11:53:29
Message: <33d29ce9-4ccd-77fd-1a3f-a74184dc12ff@gmail.com>
On 13/03/2023 17:14, Mike Miller wrote:
> Sorry the 0,0,0 insertion point is not centered on the beetle's x. I set my
> underlay at 0 to positive 100 units. I should shift all the union'd parts x-50
> so the model scales better.
No problem, I've fixed it easily, more challenging is to set up good
lighting, but thanks to Thomas, I now have this kit:

http://www.ignorancia.org/index.php/technical/tools-objects/studio-lighting-kit/

Will try to use it.
--
YB