POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : stbenge`s SSS - texture help needed Server Time
29 Mar 2024 00:48:39 EDT (-0400)
  stbenge`s SSS - texture help needed (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Bridgeofstraws
Subject: stbenge`s SSS - texture help needed
Date: 11 Jan 2009 00:40:00
Message: <web.49698586318cf979c5ec9c90@news.povray.org>
Hi,

I have been playing with stbenge`s wonderful SSS and proximity patterns and I
think I`ve figured out the proximity pattern but I have no clue how to use the
SSS pattern to texture an object after using a pigment statement such as:
pigment{
   fastSSS2(obj1,lpos,min_extent(obj1)-0.5,max_extent(obj1)+0.5,<5,5,5>,2,20)
   cubic_wave
}

I tried using a colour_map several different ways but I can`t get similar
results to the pictures here:
http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/thread/%3C489bc01b%40news.povray.org%3E/?mtop=24

In case it helps I attached the scene I`m using to try and figure this out.

Any help would be great. =)

Bridgeofstraws

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'fastsss.pov.txt' (6 KB)

"Bridgeofstraws" <bri### [at] inboxcom> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have been playing with stbenge`s wonderful SSS and proximity patterns and I
> think I`ve figured out the proximity pattern but I have no clue how to use the
> SSS pattern to texture an object after using a pigment statement such as:
> pigment{
>    fastSSS2(obj1,lpos,min_extent(obj1)-0.5,max_extent(obj1)+0.5,<5,5,5>,2,20)
>    cubic_wave
> }
>
> I tried using a colour_map several different ways but I can`t get similar
> results to the pictures here:

http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/thread/%3C489bc01b%40news.povray.org%3E/?mtop=24

> In case it helps I attached the scene I`m using to try and figure this out.
>
> Any help would be great. =)
>
> Bridgeofstraws

I experimented with the colour map and ambient and diffuse values long enough to
finally get something remotely good looking.  I appologize for the waste of this
thread.  The updated file with my settings are attached (creates a green dull
plastic).

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'fastsss.pov.txt' (6 KB)

>> In case it helps I attached the scene I`m using to try and figure this out.

Did I distribute that scene file? Evidently I did, but I can't believe
it :( That's waaay too messy for the public. I wonder if I handed out
the wrong one by mistake a few months back...

> I experimented with the colour map and ambient and diffuse values long enough to
> finally get something remotely good looking.  I appologize for the waste of this
> thread.  The updated file with my settings are attached (creates a green dull
> plastic).

Well, if you need any more help with it, just holler.

Sam

Post a reply to this message

> Did I distribute that scene file? Evidently I did, but I can't believe
> it :( That's waaay too messy for the public. I wonder if I handed out
> the wrong one by mistake a few months back...

I was wondering if I got the wrong examples when I downloaded your fast prox
macro.

> Well, if you need any more help with it, just holler.
>
> Sam

I think I'll take you up on your offer.  Would it be possible to upload the
intended example files?

Bridgeofstraws

Post a reply to this message

>> Did I distribute that scene file? Evidently I did, but I can't believe
>> it :( That's waaay too messy for the public. I wonder if I handed out
>> the wrong one by mistake a few months back...
>
> I was wondering if I got the wrong examples when I downloaded your fast prox
> macro.
>
>> Well, if you need any more help with it, just holler.
>>
>> Sam
>
> I think I'll take you up on your offer.  Would it be possible to upload the
> intended example files?
>
> Bridgeofstraws

The intended example files are MIA, I'm afraid. What exactly do you want
to accomplish? Tell me, and I'll prepare a scene to help you out.

Sam