POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : Moray IK for Blobs, Help Needed Server Time
19 Apr 2024 13:25:40 EDT (-0400)
  Moray IK for Blobs, Help Needed (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: Bridgeofstraws
Subject: Moray IK for Blobs, Help Needed
Date: 1 Sep 2008 23:55:01
Message: <web.48bcb8c47d4e86097b6a12450@news.povray.org>
hello everybody,

I apologize if this is the wrong group to post this in, but I was unsure how
else I could add my Moray scene (as an attachment).

Basically, I'm trying to develop some POV-Ray code that will allow me to get a
blob object to have animated parts (following a Moray IK structure).  This is
currently not possible because Moray only handles static blobs (imported as
..blb files) or blobs animated with POV-Ray code only, with no interface to
Moray.  I have managed to build a simple 2 segment IK object that is
represented by spheres and cylinders as well as the POV-Ray code that gets the
location (unfortunately in local coordinates, so IK doesn't change this
location) of these and creates an associated blob object.  I have attached a
zip file containing my mdl file, 2 plugins which you may or may not have which
are required (.dll files), and an include file which is required for the
POVInclude plugin.  If I haven't described something well enough, just ask and
I'll elaborate.  Thanks for the help.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'untitled.zip' (170 KB)